Author Topic: 1000 miles  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Blade

1000 miles
« on: September 30, 2014, 14:50:16 »
I've had a few days off, so got the 1st service out of the way and then playtime :)
Touch wood ( knocking head as I write this ) I've had none of the gremlins others seem to have suffered. For me the bike just keeps on improving. Lots of wordage out there comparing the Veek to others in the same market and of course buying a new bike is really more of a subjective decision than well planned objective one. For me a bike only does two things, goes in a straight line and goes round corners. So are the KTM,s and beemers and such better at straight lines? Not that I've noticed, and corners, that as always has far more to do with the rider than the bike.
I apply two criteria, 1, do I turn back for a second look when I park her up. A definite yes, the looks are really growing on me. 2, does riding put a big cheese eating grin on my face, again a definite yes.
     So, after the first thousand miles of what I hope is a long and happy relationship my verdict is
Money well spent.
If you think you can, or you think you can't, either way; you're right.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
Re: 1000 miles
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 16:06:25 »
Top post, I'm pleased you're enjoying it.

I get the looking back thing, I do it to see what's dropped off. :)
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 16:19:13 »
:thumb:

I still look back at my glee.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 16:06:58 »
Sure does, I kid myself that I have a collectors bike.

Which I do, I collect the bits as they drop off...

Sorry Blade for the hijack.
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.