Author Topic: Cost of full Service - Bridge Motorcycles Exeter  (Read 3984 times)

Offline Petstep

Re: Cost of full Service - Bridge Motorcycles Exeter
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 08:44:53 »
Thanks everyone for the advice,  especially Pedro41for the link to the Suzuki Service Plan - will definitely go for that! It quoted £760ish for 2 years,  including the 14500 service and the next 3. Which highlights how overpriced the Bridge quote is - I'll have words!

Electrics problem is apparently a bust stator -  not cheap,  but full credit to Suzuki for knocking £80 of the price even though it's out of warranty.

Offline Petstep

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 17:27:38 »
Someone on the South West Bikers Forum recommended Bike Worx in Exeter - 10 minutes walk from my work so really convenient. And quoted £390. Still seems pricey, but £110 less than Bridge. So I'll give them a go an let you know how it goes.

Then I reckon onto the Suzi service plan. Except this means I can only get it done at Bridge in Exeter - not sure I want to use them after everyone's comments. I have to say they've been brilliant when I've bought kit from the shop and had to take it back. But I'm less impressed by the servicing and price.

Offline Pedro41

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 20:33:39 »
Hi, I  don't know if you've considered GT motorcycles in Plymouth?

You can choose which Suzuki dealer you go to on the prepayment plan.

It all depends how far your prepared to go for (a) good service!

I recently did 70 miles each way to avoid local 'scallys' and their apprentices.

Offline Petstep

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 20:29:30 »
Hi all

Just got the bike back from Bike Worx. £354. Seem to have done a good thorough job. Still not cheap, but considerably less than Bridge. Will be going back.