Author Topic: Upgrading my DL650 the DL1000, but forwhat PRICE???  (Read 3413 times)

Offline wunwinglow

Re: Upgrading my DL650 the DL1000, but forwhat PRICE???
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 19:17:49 »
Michelle, I think you are being a bit hard on the bike! Mine is one of the ones with some of the low rev problems, and I have had a remap done (my choice!)  but I am STILL very pleased with it! It is far and away the most comfortable bike I have ever had, it handles beautifully, great brakes, pulls like a train, great instrumentation, definite presence on the road, especially with the spots. It ticks so many of my boxes, I'm happy to persevere with the last few niggles. ACF50 is fantastic at keeping the corrosion at bay, I can respray the box carrier sometime to put some thicker tougher paint on it, and I have yet to own a bike ( I've owned over a dozen) that didn't have something that pee'd me off. Even my beloved GSX1250FA made my arms and shoulders ache after a few hundred miles!

No bike is perfect. The new V-Strom is no different in this respect.

Tim

PS Timmo, sorry to hear about your ankle! Get better!

Offline Roadrocket

• Live to ride, ride to live
  • Bike: Suzuki DL1000AL4ABS + DL650K5
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 21:30:33 »
If you are looking at going for a replacement Strom make sure its a new Vee2 1000! After 5 faithful, trouble free years from my Wee my mind was made up when I took a new 1000 demo out last January ahead of the launch.

I've had my new V2 for 5 days, covered 400 miles on it and absolutely love it. I'm averaging 55MPG to date, better than I thought it would be. I managed to get an ex demo version with only 500 miles on the clock. Granted its not a zero mileage new bike! But I got a decent deal, 2K off the price of a zero miler which for 500 miles and free 1st service thrown in ain't bad. As the new Strom is replacing my trusty Wee it needed to have a decent similar spec. So for under 10K I got the demo bike, with the following extras - new adventure pack, (engine bars, belly cowl, panniers, storm guards etc), centre stand, taller touring screen, scottoiler fitted, Givi Trekker top box and the LED driving fog lights (recommended), free labour for fitting and Suzuki two year warranty. I also swopped the seat for higher one free, under the Suzuki seat exchange programme.

The new Strom is a really great ride. Its a different bike and I think worth the money. The suspension, handling, powerful braking and the new motor feels top quality. I have no regrets in "upgrading". In fact I can't wait to go back to Europe. You just want to ride it all the time. If your thinking about upgrading, seriously, take one for a spin. You won't be dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be adding some more GoPro videos and reviews to my YouTube channel soon. :)

Cheers :thumb:

Offline Timmo

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 23:19:01 »
Sold! Do you work for Suzuki Road rocket. Good review both of them.

Offline Roadrocket

• Live to ride, ride to live
  • Bike: Suzuki DL1000AL4ABS + DL650K5
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 08:14:06 »
Thanks Timmo lol, no I don't work for Suzuki. ;)