Author Topic: Clutch adjustment  (Read 804 times)

Offline Darkest-Star

Clutch adjustment
« on: August 26, 2014, 12:18:12 »
I've noticed lately that my clutch lever seems to have more free play than before, I have followed the manual instructions for adjustment but I think I am left with a problem.
With lever pulled in and 1st gear, or any gear for that matter engaged the bike still runs ie. rear wheel turning.
This is when up on centre stand,  once down on ground the bike doesn't lurch forward when a gear is engaged
Is the clutch still engaged and dragging when stationary and if so how do I cure this?
The Darkest Star will see the dead sun rising

Offline Sharpy

Re: Clutch adjustment
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:48 »
It might not be dragging but the oil moving in the engine and clutch can cause the wheel to spin when on the centre stand, it could be that is the issue?
Biker & Cyclist...

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:38:47 »
What Sharpy said, I expect my wheel to spin a little when it's on the centre stand, in gear, with the clutch in. Should be easy to stop it with the tip of your boot on the side of the tyre (keep away from the chain.)
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Darkest-Star

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:40:09 »
I hope that is the issue Sharpy, after making cable adjustment, I feel happy with the clutch now.
Thanks for the early reply.
The Darkest Star will see the dead sun rising