Author Topic: DL1000 IN THE FLESH  (Read 1030 times)

Offline vwee

• Bike: 2017 NC750x dct
DL1000 IN THE FLESH
« on: October 08, 2013, 20:43:03 »
went to johns of romford(Suzuki centre rush green)straight from work today and had a red one on display.Suzuki  uk had two reps there to answer any questions.the main one I asked was can the electrical system handle heated gloves jacket and trousers.don't know was not the reply I wanted :angry-tappingfoot:
I did take a couple of pictures on my iphone,no doubt some one here will post some pictures.
had a sit on the bike.seat footrest.handlebars as DL650,the left hand switch gear as normal but with the buttons to control clock functions(the new trophy demo bike I rode had all the buttons on the left handle bar,and you have to take your hand of to play with the buttons,I did this in traffic trying to adjust the volume on the radio.not good on a bike costing £12000.00+ same with the screen)the right hand switch gear is standard Suzuki plus hazard lights button(not even my tiger 800 has one)the screen looks good and the adjusting it is so simple,push forward/pull back,but will have to wait till feb before we get our itchy fingers on the demo bikes.the beak isn't that bad as it goes,the silencer ........ :shock:  :shock: after market needed.wheels I like one off the reasons for buying the tiger 800,not because there silver its because there not 3 spoke and black.rear shock and front forks look good but will they be as good as the ohlins on my tiger.the brakes,something else to look forward to since I havnt ridden a bike with monoblock calipers.
overall I like it.sitting on it in a showroom is one thing,riding it on cold feb day will tell whether it will be my next bike.