Author Topic: V-Strom Lands In UK  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Keith Cross

Re: V-Strom Lands In UK
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 23:34:11 »
Changed my mirrors to Aprilia ones.  Changed the whole bike at the same time :)  Miss the 650 wee strom and its practicality though.  Caponord is a real nice bike, but panniers are small, rack is a waste of time and no storage under the saddle (OK you can get a mobile phone under the saddle - just).
Suspension is great as are the brakes.
Starting to think I should have waited till the new 1000 strom came out and spent some cash changing the front end :)

Keith C
2013 Aprilia Caponord 1200 with travel pack
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro in Yellow
2006 Vstrom DL1000GT
1990 Honda GL1500
1981 Goldwing Interstate
1966 Triumph 3TA

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 07:37:59 »
can't get anything more than a phone under the seat  :haha:

Even Milz's son could get a fleece and a wooly hat under the rear seat in his GSXR600... OK Milz had to carry the rest f his son's camping gear but how no storage under the seat on an adventure/touring bike?

Half my tools from the garage are under my seat, and the air compressor, I couldn't fit the trolly jack under there no matter how I arranged it  :angry-tappingfoot:

Everyone I meet from here seems surprised I still have the stock mirrors after 46k miles on the bike, to be honest I don't get anything I'd call buffeting from them. I did put them on up&out extenders as I could get some buffeting with the screen on the middle setting where I liked it- I could only see my shoulders before also.
Then I replaced the screen mount with a Madstad as the stock mount had a crack in it. Now that made a difference!
Sat on a few bikes with Aprillia mirrors an I can't say I like the size and shape of the mirror glass. Didn't give as good a view behind as the stock ones.

Ride Coordinator

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:46 »
I like the Tuono mirrors as I see less of my shoulders with them. Granted I can see less of the world in them, but I can see more of what I need to see. Not seen a noticeable difference in buffeting, but then I don't have the old model.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 09:12:43 »
I went to aprilia mirrors on my old wee, but have settled back with the old stock mirrors, which I like. Never noticed any difference in turbulence, just like the big view! If I was a bigger lad I would want extenders on though...
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:18 »
Quote from: "mr_diver"
...Sat on a few bikes with Aprillia mirrors an I can't say I like the size and shape of the mirror glass. Didn't give as good a view behind as the stock ones.
+1 :thumb: