Author Topic: Owned it for a week now  (Read 819 times)

Offline imindoors

• Bike: DL650 L3
Owned it for a week now
« on: August 21, 2013, 20:38:06 »
Had my new Glee for a week now. 400 miles (200 with pillion). Absolutely loving it. First impressions is that it fuels beautifully, comfortable for one or two and the steering is really predictable with plenty of grip from the  tyres. The riding position is commanding and helps in traffic no end.I have come from 2 years on a Blackbird so it's a real change of bike for me. I cannot comment on the power of the Suzuki yet as I'm still running in but as my riding matures (finally :) ) I find I'm more interested in accuracy and smoothness than chasing outright speed, and I think the Strom is going to help that develop. I'm a year round rider and I was always mindful of the Blackbirds power during the wetter/slippier months.

And I love the way you can flick  the Strom with its wide bars, that really is a revelation after the Honda which was a case of hauling from side to side. Don't get me wrong the Honda was a great bike but a bit of a one trick pony. I'm already finding the Suzuki more 'engaging' to ride.

Excuse the gushings of new owner but I'm really pleased with my choice of new bike and wanted to share.

Jim
I look quick therefore I am.

Offline Jacko

• Bike: DL650 L2
Re: Owned it for a week now
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 21:23:51 »
Good isn't it. :)

It's an incredibly versatile bike, and fun to ride legally. There's nothing wrong with the gushing, pat yourself on the back for making the move and welcome to grown up motorcycling. :)

Offline stedor

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 21:46:33 »
I feel just the same as you, and I've owned mine for 18 months, best bike I have owned.

Online 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 22:02:58 »
Aaargh ! I've still got a week & a half to wait for mine...
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bike: CRF1000 Africa Twin
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 22:20:44 »
You've picked the right place to gush Jim, we love 'em!  :thumb:
I Go Down any Road There is, To see what's Around The Bend - Joe Bonamassa

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcyc ... 161e9.html

Offline S2Rgar

• Bike: DL1000 L9 Black - DL650 AL5 Red (SOLD) - DL650 AL3 Grey (SOLD) Suzuki GSX-S1000
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 22:42:46 »
Hello Jim I've had mine a month now and can't get enough of it either, I've been taking days off work just to ride it. I'm off to Oban tomorrow on another 300+ mile day. I'm sort of like you in that my last bike was a Yamaha FJR which was a lardy-arsed beast too compared to my V-Strom. I love the way it flicks through the corners and now that I've changed the original screen for something taller I'm sitting in a really comfortable place as I ride around. I'm really glad I bought this bike, it's so much more enjoyable to ride at real world speeds.

Glad you're happy with your new bike too.

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 23:12:38 »
Surprisingly good off road too :)
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Online MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 17:00:02 »
Glad you're enjoying the bike Jim.

Also glad I never did follow up on my interest in a Blackbird. I think I might not be here now if I did go that way, as I would have run out of talent.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi