Author Topic: Fork Stanchions, need 'em quick and cheap!  (Read 622 times)

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Fork Stanchions, need 'em quick and cheap!
« on: April 08, 2013, 22:10:51 »
Busy fixing the Wee's front suspension including head bearings and a brake service (the latter two being done already.) The fork stanchions are too pitted to be usable, they can't be saved, I've tried. They will just ruin the next set of seals like they did with the ones that came out now. I need to get replacements, either good condition second hand ones or new ones.

If anyone knows about 2nd hand ones, please let me know (ignore anything on eBay, I've already checked it out.) If anyone knows a cheap place to get replacements stanchions, please, also let me know. I need to get this fixed before ST6.

I can get new stanchions for £170, that includes delivery. Any chances I'll get them cheaper?
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
Re: Fork Stanchions, need 'em quick and cheap!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 22:13:04 »
Wemoto ?

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Suzuki/dl_6 ... _-_single/

Just looked again and they are more than £170 !! don't think you'll find new ones any cheaper ..

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 18:33:21 »
Did you get any Juv ?

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 21:44:14 »
Nope, but I'll get them rechromed at a place in Coventry when the new oil seals I fitted for ST6 perish. Hopefully I remember to take before and after pics and to update the thread. It will be a few months though, it's warmer, no more salt on the roads here and I don't ride the Wee as often as before so the seals will last a while :)
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog