Author Topic: Few Pics from PC8 + accessories install and Nitron Shock  (Read 701 times)

Offline thebigcheese

eventually got the stuff ordered and got it fitted a couple of weeks ago. Took my time to do it and I'm pretty happy with the final outcome.

Firstly I stripped the bike down to this so I had plenty of room to work. started to plot where things were going to go and were the cables would be routed. I knew I would be installing a USB charger, HID lights, Sat Nav charger up front, so I ran 3 lots of cables up for those accessories and I also installed a further set of wires for any future accessories I might ad. I ran the cables up inside the conduit, which you can see sitting in a roll on the back of the bike. The conduit was routed from under the seat, along under the tank running to the left hand side of the bike.

Installed the HID ballasts on the bike. ended up having to use cable ties as you couldn't get at the nuts on the bolts to tighten them.

located the void in between the clocks and front screen. decided to put the HID units up in there out of the road along with the Sat Nav charging unit which I will also be hard wiring in. the picture below shows the early stages of it, I secured it all using the trusty cable ties again so it was all neat and tidy.

decided to keep the PC8 under the seat, easy to get at and pretty central on the bike to wire accessories up to. As there is plenty of room under the seat this was pretty easy to do. I secured in down using a couple of self tapping screws andd it seems secure. I also connected up a 12v charger to the PC8 which is always live, so I can securely the charge phone etc when parked up. I put it beside the PC8 securing it via heavy duty velcro and the leads are long enough so I can pull it off the velcro and place it anywhere under the seat. you can also see the wires going into the PC8 have heat shrinked cable markers on them to make life a little easier when wiring it all up, least all the wires can be easily identified then. the conduit is also cable tied at various points especially under the seat going into the PC8 as to cause no rubbing on the cables.

just a couple of pictures of the Sat Nav mount/charger, waterproof USB charger and the new Nitron Adventure shock with Hyd. Preload Adjuster. The shock seems a good job so far, just waiting to get front fork springs put in now. The shock itself was free as to was the fitting. The only thing I had to pay for was the hyd. preload adjuster, as it would be very hard to gain access to it otherwise. Please excuse the dirt of the bike, just got back from a 400mile round trip to witney this morning.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 792&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... t=1&ref=nf

overall pretty happy with the mods so far....time will tell  :)
bikeless

Offline james.t

• Bike: DL250
Re: Few Pics from PC8 + accessories install and Nitron Shock
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 20:57:18 »
most excellent  keep us informed
 :thumb: j