Author Topic: Anakee 2  (Read 33404 times)

Offline matchless

• Bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850
Re: Anakee 2
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2013, 18:35:11 »
Just bought a rear Anakee 2 today from Firefox Racing in Keighley for £98 fitted.
"It may be rubbish, but it's British rubbish !"

Offline 2112

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2013, 21:11:08 »
Quote from: "matchless"
Just bought a rear Anakee 2 today from Firefox Racing in Keighley for £98 fitted.

Result - great price  :thumb:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline patropsley

« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2013, 11:55:50 »
I’m grumpily commenting on this thread after a couple of years laughing at the Anakee 2 mystique that is prevalent on the forum -  I had anakee’s fitted in January and although I have only put on 800 miles or so I do quiet like them :shy:  – I never really struggled with grip on the Deathwings so can’t make any great comparison but certainly the willingness to turn is noticeable –  they do have a very different feel to the Deathwings and I like them. I do hope they deliver a good mileage now that I have jumped into popular culture.

Pat
People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

Offline TravellingStrom

« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2013, 01:53:43 »
I used a rear one years ago in Oz and did not like it, it felt squirmy on corners and I was glad when it was finished. I may have been deceived though as it turns out

I bought an Anakee II in Bangkok as it was that or a TKC80 and I needed tyre life not dirt ability at this stage

I did not have any real roads to test it until the other day when I rode Bokor Mountain in Cambodia

I can now say I am very happy with this tyre, maybe my first one was still too new when I put it under pressure, who knows

This one has stuck to the road like shit to a blanket and it was so good I nearly removed all the chicken strips

I have since been up and down that mountain about ten times and scraped the pegs a few times, not on purpose mind.

Cheers from Kampot, Cambodia
TravellingStrom
Keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out

Cheers
TravellingStrom
http://www.travellingstrom.com
http://www.richardstravelshops.com

Offline John316

« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2013, 14:00:12 »
Matchless, Firefox in Keighley is great place for tyres.
Simon at the shop is great bloke to deal with, courteous, friendly & professional.
John 3:16  :auto-dirtbike:

Offline frez

« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2013, 09:06:51 »
My Anakee 2's are now about half worn. I havn't really got on with them.

I find them a bit twitchy on the cold and crappy roads we have had this winter. I don't have the confidence in them to use them to the edge.

Maybe it's my worn suspension, maybe it's the tyres, but I just don't find them as good as others here find them.
Now on a Super Tenere having put 64k miles on a 2011 DL650

Offline Caribbean Rider

« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2013, 14:05:02 »
This was the second http://www.MotoCaribe.com tour season on Anakee2's.

Last week we put 1200km on 4 bikes, with 2 complete days and 450km in rain, road construction, hardpacked...and seriously slippery 2" red mud muck.

Barely a slip, even on red mud.

Simply stated, this is the best tyre I have even experienced on a motorcycle, period.

Endorse.