Author Topic: Attention all Strommers  (Read 3737 times)

Offline matchless

• Bike: Moto Guzzi V7 850
Re: Attention all Strommers
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 08:05:10 »
Hope you make a good recovery from this and will be able to  ride again someday.
"It may be rubbish, but it's British rubbish !"

Offline fishy23

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 20:56:08 »
yes all best CS, I have had a wake up call with my wife she survived a cancer op and has been really poorly lately lots of tests are going but live in hope that all will be OK. Yes we all take health for granted but a visit to A&E soon wakes you up. All the best and we hope all will go well old friend.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bike: CRF1000 Africa Twin
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 21:12:02 »
Wow, glad you're still here to tell the tale mate!

All the best for a speedy recovery.... :thumb:
I Go Down any Road There is, To see what's Around The Bend - Joe Bonamassa

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcyc ... 161e9.html

Offline s-d

• Bike: DL650 L2
Attention all Strommers
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 21:16:33 »
Wow. Stories like this remind me that we should live life to the full as there's so little of it. Best wishes CS hope your recovery is speedy.

Offline chrishassell59

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 22:09:12 »
Best wishes from the midlands
NEVER LET YOUR DICKY DANGLE IN THE DIRT!

Offline Upright

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 22:24:59 »
Well country sailor you've won the lotto - not sure how you got away with that one. great to hear. Got to have a positive mental state and make sure to remember that a proper recovery is "what you think your able for minus 10%" better to recover properly in 9mths than push it to get there in 6mths and never recover properly. I think a project or focus point is in order. Sell the bike and build an arc!!
It's not my fault, it's your fault. I told you I was stupid but you didn't listen!

Offline shedchief

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 23:46:43 »
Thanks for the timely warning! I'm so glad you were able to post it too!
Actually, I found your post strangely uplifting. To hear about your wonderful missus and the good work of the experts warms the cockles and that's for sure.
Remember to take care with the 'running in' and don't rush things,  but also take time to enjoy life and to be positive. You know it makes sense!
Best wishes from Waterlooville. 8-)
Keith

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 10:27:25 »
Glad to hear you're still with us Bruce, one hell of a scare and you have a good lady there to look after you!
Quote from: "Jacko"

Why not keep the bike? It'll be there whenever you're ready.. :)

Good point - I must admit that looking out of the window at my Wee (perhaps I should rephrase that!) helped when I was recovering from my broken back. I also found that this forum helped me keep motivated and get back out on two wheels. If you keep it taxed and insured then I'm sure one of the other members here or a family member will take it out occasionally to keep it sweet?

Or use it as a way to get a Wee2..

Still, get well soon mate, if good wishes and kind thoughts aid in your recovery you have a huge boost from us lot!
No bike at present.......

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 10:45:21 »
:text-goodpost:

Why not hold on to the bike for a bit Countrysailor, it's obviously your pride and joy and something to keep you motivated to recover for.

In three months time you can take another look at life and either decide that you are going to meet the 6 month recovery and be back on it soon, or if necessary look at selling it then.

And Mrs Countrysailor sounds like she needs a major "Thank You" too. The best way to do that is to get back to normal as fast as possible.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Catballou

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 11:53:09 »
So glad you're here to tell the tale, take care & take it easy  :grin:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline fraggle

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 13:42:16 »
Glad to hear you are on the mend and in my prayers for a full recovery. I suffered a Transient Ischaemic attack (TIA) 2 months ago at the age of 47. It does remind us just how fragile we are & like yourself I was fortunate to have my good lady wife there to help me. :)
Not been on my Wee since but only cos I am waiting for parts (needs a new monoshock!). Hope your sale for the Wee goes well, if that is what you really want & I look forward to hearing about all the extras n seeing pics.

all the Best from Gib.
Mod: RPM Centrestand, Hagon rear spring.

Offline loggamatt

Attention all Strommers
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 16:56:44 »
Makes you realise that we all have to live for the moment as something like this could happen at any time. Good to hear you're one of the lucky few to get through it though!

Also, hope you manage to get back on a bike as soon as possible... And if you do sell your bike,hope to see you become part of the Wee2 brigade in a few months!! :)

Offline PHIL FAT

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 21:38:41 »
get well soon hope you have a speedy recovery :thumb:
Too Old To Die Young

Offline Countrysailor

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 04:40:54 »
Once again, a million thanks for your good wishes. I have been touched by a lot kindnesses shown to me during this period and right up there are the ones from yourselves. Thank You   :thumb:
Keep it between the ditches...

Offline jimbo8098

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 21:37:36 »
Glad to hear you are on the mend! I would keep the bike unless my leg fell off though.

Offline Sharpy

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 15:13:55 »
Yep, great to see you are still with us!  Heart issues can be very scary and surprisingly common.  I get a regular check randomly with my asthma check up?   :shrug:

And the more I get involved in triathlon the more I seem to get it checked when I do VO2 max test sessions and the like.

Interestingly (maybe not) my other half suffers from a odd rhythmn that casuses extended palpitaions, and that has only come on since she got fit and started racing triathlons.

I would always say it is worth getting your heart checked, you just never know hwat could be wrong.
Biker & Cyclist...

Offline bikermike

Attention all Strommers
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 08:59:27 »
Country sailor  ! glad your on the mend boyo , that's one hell of a ride you had , but your here to tell the tale and that's a good thing,I tend to agree with the other strommer's on not selling your pride n joy , but if you do make sure there's another in your sight's ;) I find it keeps me sane , Also want to congratulate your lady, excellent job ...
Wishing you a Speedy recovery.

Offline Quoman

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 19:46:39 »
holy crap mate glad you are OK....ish, now I've seen the aforementioned motorcycle quite a few times and have to agree its one of the best equiped and well looked after 650`s I've seen.
keep well Bruce, Quo
ARE YOU READY?
3RD JANUARY IS LOOMING, TIME TO BECOME COMPLIANT
http://www.ecuclinic.com