Author Topic: Twat on his mobile  (Read 3083 times)

Offline macvisual

Re: Twat on his mobile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 16:27:30 »
Hi Phil,

I really feel for you chum, Christ man that's like shit stuff!!

That driver/TWAT needs locked up for goodness sake and loss of his licence for 30yrs plus....dick head.

Hope your on the mend as soon as, and back on the bike soon. Best wishes!!

Regards;
Pete
K8 DL1000GT - K&N filter - Hel brake line - lowered front forks - Osram brighter/whiter bulbs - TRE module - 43 tooth Renthal rear sprocket

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 17:30:42 »
Glad you are on the mend and that you were in the car. We all see more and more shit and inconsiderate driving on a shit and dilapidated road system. That same road system has never been less Policed and unless far more of us stand up and face down the Authorities, more of this unacceptable behaviour will become far more of the norm. Direct action is the only way as the London centric Politicians could not care less about Mr V Strom worker man or for that matter Granny mowed down in some Northern town ! The Police have largely become disengaged and left a free for all  out  there in too many areas of our lives, and the courts are handing out derisory penalties be you are a TWOC'er of a  loon or an MP with your inflated expenses claim.

More of us need to quickly wake up and smell the coffee and start becoming more Politically proactive !  

WM

Offline Catballou

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 20:37:56 »
Quote from: "WiseMonkey"
Glad you are on the mend and that you were in the car.

WM

That was the only bit needed ..time & place WM, soap boxes are available in your own thread
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Jacksnipe

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 22:58:55 »
Catballou  ... Definition of WiseMonkey speaks for itself  : Hear No Evil See No Evil Speak No Evil

Offline IanP

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 08:13:04 »
Whilst rider along side a car on the way to work I saw the driver pick up his phone , he then look across at me ( I was wearing my high vis jacket) I then mouth clearly at him " Don't you F-ing dare").

It had the desired effect  ###

Get Well soon Phil
XVS 1300 - DL650 V-Strom
Royal British Legion Riders http://www.rblr.co.uk

Offline Sharpy

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 08:19:16 »
Good to hear you are on the mend matey!  Hope the rozzers do the right thing, although don't expect their action to be swift.... Still waiting for them to decide what to do to the driver than knocked me off my push bike in Feb!! (For the benefit of Fatbelly - Apart from give her a medal!  :neen: )
Biker & Cyclist...

Offline frez

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 09:22:53 »
I was filtering past very slow moving traffic and a small van ahead started to move out a little, I thought he was being a twat tryiing to block me filtering, but as I past him and looked in he had his head bent looking in his lap with both hands off the steering wheel texting on his phone. I don't know why people think that texting from their lap is any less obvious or dangerous. Makes me want to wear a helmet cam so I can get some footage of these idiots on you tube.
Now on a Super Tenere having put 64k miles on a 2011 DL650

Offline ringo grumio nibbler

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 20:38:29 »
Quote from: "frez"
I was filtering past very slow moving traffic and a small van ahead started to move out a little, I thought he was being a twat tryiing to block me filtering, but as I past him and looked in he had his head bent looking in his lap with both hands off the steering wheel texting on his phone. I don't know why people think that texting from their lap is any less obvious or dangerous. Makes me want to wear a helmet cam so I can get some footage of these idiots on you tube.
Am I alone in being tempted to kick the wing mirrors off people that you regularly see doing this when filtering?  I don't think the average law abiding citizen has any idea what some people get up to when driving and why should they. We get a unique view into peoples cars as we pass.  In my experience, young lasses are by far the worst offenders for this. I can barely send text messages from the comfort of my arm chair let alone when driving.

Offline mjc506

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 20:47:50 »
I find ''slipping'' and applying a bit of throttle as you go past when they're on the phone works nicely :)
Projects:
DL650 engine rebuild: Complete!
Brighter rear indicators]Complete![/url]
Heated mirrors]Complete![/url]
Cruise control/Speed limiter/V-puter]Pending...[/color]

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 21:03:54 »
:thumb:
Quote from: "mjc506"
I find ''slipping'' and applying a bit of throttle as you go past when they're on the phone works nicely :)

Ride Coordinator

Offline hookie

• Bike: DL1000 K8, '85 Honda XBR500 race bike, '86 XBR road bike, '51 Sunbeam S8
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 21:22:51 »
I see that according to the AA in a new survey that 40% of motorists (presumably of the 4 or more wheeled variety) admitted to using a mobile phone when driving. Some even admitted (owned up?) to texting, tweeting and emailing as well. Doesn't give one much hope for the future does it?  

I just love it when some bimbo in her 4 X 4 loaded up with her devolving offspring slams her brakes on and stops on a bend so you can't safely get past her just to answer her bloody 'phone. I expect she's arranging her next assignation and who she will be giving a BJ to...

When stopped in traffic I have been known to tap on car windows when I spot someone on their 'phone. Have to say most are not impressed.

Perhaps the threat of losing their licence is the only way to put a stop to this.

Here in France it's quite common to see kids on mopeds and scooters very openly texting as they ride. It's not just the UK that breeds idiots.

Offline sirkitchalott

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 22:29:38 »
Good luck with your recovery!
KE125, RXS100, X7 250, GPX 750R F2, ,GSX400F, Z750, VN900, PAN1300, DL1000