Author Topic: wish I had never  (Read 1212 times)

Offline jockflob

wish I had never
« on: July 04, 2012, 13:24:02 »
Wish I had never sold my Vee...  Why I did I don't know, bike was well sorted.  Went to a 955iST which was too cramped, then to a xl700v which was a good bike but a bit dull and now on a CBF1000, which is dull to look at but a good overall bike

If I could get a decent trade in I would go back to a Vee (or the new wee) in a shot

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: wish I had never
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 16:21:05 »
I think we might have warned you at the time, jockflob mate...

But we've all been there at some point in our biking lives.There's no helping it...sometimes you've got to try other bikes (I've got itchy fingers for a Vee myself!) The good news is there's plenty nice vee's out there second-hand! :)
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline jockflob

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 16:54:50 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"
I think we might have warned you at the time, jockflob mate...

I seem to remember something along the lines of 'why the **** would you want to do that'

Live and learn, maybe should just reverse psychology on HWMBO so she tells me to buy a new one.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 18:31:26 »
:)    I like that thinking!
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 18:39:01 »
I've thought of selling my Wee and KTM and just having one bike , but after ST4 the weekend I've decided that both bikes are staying . The Wee will be a hard bike to beat , its great at the long distance riding and not bad at a bit of mild off roading and has enough power for its needs ....

Offline Glider65

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 21:27:24 »
Can't wait to see some serious Video (alas my camera failed so I have no serious stuff)

But Vee's are cheap as chips these days - there's one on here somewhere for £2800.  I sold mine for £3000 with 4.5K on a 08 plate

Offline willbo

• crazy is contagious
  • Bike: 2010 dl650x
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 21:38:38 »
ah, we all have regrets. Just like the time I got really super drunk and thought it would be great to shave all my hair off. . . Then wax it. . Then put aftershave on. Least like me something can be done. You can buy another one sometime.  I myself couldn't buy new hair and had to wait for it to grow, but I did buy a nice hat with a bobble on it
I'm sane, honestly. . . I got a certificate to prove it!

Offline jockflob

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 01:30:50 »
Quote from: "willbo"
ah, we all have regrets. Just like the time I got really super drunk and thought it would be great to shave all my hair off. . . Then wax it. . Then put aftershave on. Least like me something can be done. You can buy another one sometime.  I myself couldn't buy new hair and had to wait for it to grow, but I did buy a nice hat with a bobble on it

Done the same when drunk but with my ba sack... Was in agony next day, no bobble hat though

Offline doboy

• Bike: 1050 v strom
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 08:17:09 »
yes I've done the same in the past, you have that sixth sense [ usualy "after" I've signed up to change ] that you have just made a bit mistake ....and just to make it worse , I've just bought a new wee & its one of the best bikes I've ever bought ..sorry ...

Offline willbo

• crazy is contagious
  • Bike: 2010 dl650x
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 10:40:48 »
Quote from: "jockflob Done the same when drunk but with my ba sack... Was in agony next day, no bobble hat though[/quote

lucky you in one way then... mind you, I grew fond of that bobble hat.
I'm sane, honestly. . . I got a certificate to prove it!

Offline Andy M

• Bike: Hurley-Pugh Empire Wildebeeste Manx Thruxton
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 17:28:47 »
Think carefully before you go back. My '95 F650 ran like top, the '99 one ate it's water pump in somewhere hot, sandy and seriously lacking in RAC cover  ###  . My '97 R1100R was tediously average at everything except going very fast in a straight line by day 2, but the '95 one I put a chair on many years later made me smile for years  :)  (well at least until the electrics got ratty). Sometimes the same bike works in a new way, but times are never the same twice.

Oddly I have never had any urge what so ever to buy another Ural  :shrug:

Andy

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 13:54:05 »
Couldn't help it, but I cracked a big grin when I read your confession. It's good to hear when someone admits their V-Strom was better after changing to another bike.

There are only 3 bikes I would consider to change to as things are now: a Multistrada, the KTM 990 SM T ABS (fav) and the Wee2.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog