Author Topic: Vstrom v Vstrom  (Read 3667 times)

Anonymous

Re: Vstrom v Vstrom
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 11:01:57 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
On the subject of accessories, do the homework before you buy the Suzuki ones. You can get better Givi rails, panniers & a top box for far less than you pay for the Suzuki ones. Same goes for that ridiculously overpriced 12V socket they sell, you can get an equivalent for less than a tenner. There are plenty of aftermarket handguards that are better, with an aluminium bar inside and wider, with removable bits for cooler hands in summer and so on. R&G Heated grips are ~£40 and dead easy to install. The only thing I would buy from Suzuki if the price is more or less the same as aftermarket parts is the centre stand. Suzuki would charge you somewhere in the region of £2000 for the extras, I'm pretty sure you can kit it out the same bits, better ones at that, for less than £1000.

Good point but it does all depend on what the dealer gives you for trade in etc..........
I got pretty much what I paid for my Doh a year ago with 9k more miles on it so the GT pack from them was not really the cost I was expecting.

It all depends on the dealer and your deal, however, I'll concede, if I'd been willing to shop around and had the time I could have saved a few quid :shrug:

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 13:44:40 »
The other side if that is that people don't always have the funds available to buy the extra bits separately. Putting them on the finance means you pay a few quid extra every month which is probably more palatable than going without the bits. As always, not as black and white as I want things to be, but it's good to know your options and pick the best one for your situation.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 15:25:00 »
It is worth noting that when thinking about Suzuki luggage the new Wee has Hepco & Becker luggage with quick release pannier frames - it's far superior to the Suzuki luggage on the old Wee & Vee GT models.

Offline Toolman

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 08:25:16 »
I would just like to add my bit to Gary117's enquiry about the new Wee, after eight months and almost 3,000 miles. Comfort level is much the same luxury, but everything thing else is far superior I reckon; the engine/ gearbox and clutch is so smooth, handling so much more precise. I do get an occaisional tingle in my throttle hand but nothing like the 07 model, and  wonder if a pair of Renthal bars with the crossbrace might eliminate that? Tried the screen on all settings and find the lowest suits me perfectly, being 5' 8", and better visibility on that section of road just in front. The motor already feels run-in and spins freely very happily.
I generally work on around 260 miles a tank full then taking 18 litres, and my last tankful gave 303.7 miles on 19.37 litres, which by me works out to 71.29 mpg, or 26.54 kpl. 180 of those miles were two-up through South Wales, the rest were quite spirited local riding, certainly not trying to conserve fuel by any means. I think this is a really fabulous motorcycle and look forward to many enjoyable miles.Might just look forward to some summer too after this lot has gone through.
           This model stills seems a bit thin on the ground yet, saw another at Frasers in Gloucester where mine came from, plus one in the National Park north of Sydney back in April.