Author Topic: just been robbed  (Read 1873 times)

Offline 1monkey1

just been robbed
« on: June 04, 2012, 23:09:21 »
Just been robbed, broad daylight just can't believe it,people everywhere,even security guards..
Just took the misses and me lad to see Men in black 3, two drinks and a large popcorn £9.60 yes £9.60 and not even a alcoholic drink at that. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Offline Andy M

• Bike: Hurley-Pugh Empire Wildebeeste Manx Thruxton
Re: just been robbed
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 09:08:44 »
This is why I now own many many DVD's. Wait until October and MIB3 will be in the supermarkets for under a tenner. Eat at home, both of us get to have a drink without a taxi charges, watch the film without having some chav sat behind me on their phone/shagging all the way through, pause it when the beer rental expires etc.

For a night out it has to be a restaurant or live entertainment, you get to pick the price range and company before you set off.

Andy

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:38 »
£9.60!!!!!  :shock:  :shock:

That's somewhere between three and five kinnells!
No bike at present.......

Offline Locky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 800xc & Yamaha TTR250
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 12:58:01 »
Last time we went to the cinema it cost me £50 ! , film popcorn etc for the 3 of us ..They won't be seeing me again ..

Offline Nix

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 14:28:41 »
Quote from: "Andy M"
This is why I now own many many DVD's. Wait until October and MIB3 will be in the supermarkets for under a tenner. Eat at home, both of us get to have a drink without a taxi charges, watch the film without having some chav sat behind me on their phone/shagging all the way through, pause it when the beer rental expires etc.

For a night out it has to be a restaurant or live entertainment, you get to pick the price range and company before you set off.

Andy

My thoughts exactly! :thumb:

Nothing can beat setting up your own cinema at home and running it through the hi-fi.

And then, later in life, when you're suffering from Alzheimer's, you can watch your DVDs over and over again as if for the first time lol ...
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!

Offline ukiboy

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 16:02:32 »
You're lucky if you, your missus & your lad went to the flicks, had 2 drinks and a popcorn for £9.60!
That's a bloody bargain!!!
Here, in the crowded, dirty, rip-off swamp they call London that figure would easily be £9.60 X 3  :shock:

Offline 1monkey1

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 16:46:53 »
It just pi##es me off when they moan no one is going to the flicks. Is it any wonder with those prices,would rather of stuck the 40 quid it cost with the tickets,the 3 pairs of 3D glasses and the drinks, in the tank of my vee and had a bloody good blast rnd north Wales and still have change for chips!!
When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 16:50:43 »
As someone about to put a 16 year old daughter through a School Prom (Dress, Hair, Eyebrows, Shoes, Handbag, Underwear, Ticket, etc ...), I think I can claim to have been robbed already and that I am continuing to be robbed on a daily basis.

Fortunately, her smile makes it worth the money.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline willbo

• crazy is contagious
  • Bike: 2010 dl650x
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 17:06:31 »
I have an unlimited card for a popular chain of cinemas 14 quid or so a month. I use it really for cinema days. I watch 3 films sometimes one after the other. I wear a coat with big pockets and sneak a few things to eat an drink in with me too. Even if I only watch 2 films a month its paid for itself
I'm sane, honestly. . . I got a certificate to prove it!

Offline Abercol

• Bike: 2016 Explorer XRT
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 10:52:19 »
We went to the Odeon to see MIB3, there were 3 of us, premium seats, one medium popcorn, one medium drink...

£13.45 all in.

We use an Odeon loyalty/points card and, since we go regularly we get loads of points. So, in this case,  we used the points to upgrade to premium seats & pay for one ticket and the popcorn and drink.

Normally we sit in the cheap seats and bring our own munchies/drink...

Offline medic5

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 20:29:01 »
Quote from: "1monkey1"
Just been robbed, broad daylight just can't believe it,people everywhere,even security guards..
Just took the misses and me lad to see Men in black 3, two drinks and a large popcorn £9.60 yes £9.60 and not even a alcoholic drink at that. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!

Mind you. One could go on to "KickArse.com" and just download the film you want.

Oops, copyright and all that, better not do that then, just keep paying loads of dosh........ :angry-tappingfoot:
 :neen:  :lala: