Author Topic: All hail the Yoshi tweak  (Read 569 times)

Offline vandamiam

All hail the Yoshi tweak
« on: April 15, 2012, 08:18:44 »
Just to let everyone know that kevshek came up to my house the other week to buy some surplus stuff I had and he brought his Yoshi box with him to give my V a tweak. As my baby was in bits at the time I had no chance to go for an evaluation ride.
However over the past week I have been on several rides covering some good long dual carriageway runs and some really good twisty road runs, I am really quite amazed at the difference to the bike. The 3-4k judder has allbut vanished and the pick up at the lower end is almost smooth. But if it was all smooth then the character of the bike would dissapear, so ther is still the thumpiness of the engine but none of the rattling at the 3-4k mark.
He gave it +5% at the low and mid range fuelling points and I have removed the secondary butterflies for good measure and have as yet had the pleasure of finding the extra horses at the top end.
Most notably the low speed handling on second gear is almost relaxing as you don't have to rely on the clutch to obtain a smooth movement or to even have to drop down to 1st, you just have now the ability to tickle the throttle in 2nd.
As for the tyres the battlewings have been great so far and have not had any negative thoughts so far. The only negative feelings I have are probable front fork related, as when cranked over hard and hitting a bump I got the feeling of some flex at the front but apart from that alls good. Maybe a fork brace would help but I'm rarely in that situation and the rest of the bike is so solid that the squirly bit is  easy to deal with.