Author Topic: Doing a bunk (again)  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Beerbelly

Doing a bunk (again)
« on: April 12, 2012, 17:09:37 »
I've only gone and done it again. Fancied something with a bit more zip and a lot less comfort, consequently a new VFR1200 is waiting for me this weekend. I don't learn, no doubt I'll be back again in a couple of years when my spine has had enough. Anyway, all of this means that I've put the DL1000 back to standard GT spec so I'll be advertising all sorts of goodies on the forum over the next day or two so you can have first pop at them. Anything left over after a week or so will go on e-bay. Not too sure what things are worth so I've just halved the new price or less.
I will keep popping back to this most excellent of forums in the future. Be safe out there.  :ty:

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: Doing a bunk (again)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 17:14:41 »
ShockHorror! :)   Hopefully enough power in the VFr to overcome the dullness, Beerbelly! Enjoy the new steed, and all the best - keep popping in mind! :thumb:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 09:01:00 »
Fickle..

But enjoy anyway.. I can't talk, I had three machines last year, the Piggo X9, the Pegaso and the Wee...
No bike at present.......

Offline Abercol

• Bike: 2016 Explorer XRT
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 13:53:32 »
Bugger, I missed all the bits!! must rtry to get on here more regularly.

How much did you want for the Hagon shock?? needing one for my bike soon...

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 15:54:12 »
Don't think I would be able to stand the measly tank range on that 'tourer'...
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Beerbelly

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 18:42:42 »
I picked up the new VFR1200 today, what a piece of kit it is! The engine is a monster and that's with me still taking it steady, it's also incredibly stable. Comfort is clearly no where near a Strom but it's not as bad the Blackbird I previously had. The brakes are fantastic, one finger is all it takes. I've also gone for the DCT gearbox which works really well, smooth slick changes, near on undetectable. The shaft drive is very good too, just a slight bit of back lash now and again at low speeds. Downsides include, for example, virtually no underseat storage which I find inexcusable, potentially humongous bills if I ever the drop the thing and the obvious extra expense of tyres, insurance, servicing and such like.