Author Topic: Fork Improvements  (Read 2925 times)

Offline whysub

Re: Fork Improvements
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 21:44:06 »
I went to MCT in Stowmarket on Thursday for Darren and Tom to sort the suspension on my 2008 DL1000. Darren has previously done my Honda XR650R. Fireblade, and RSV and improved them all.

They don't simply just drop in new springs on the Vee, but also fabricate a pair of preload tubes to go in with the firmer springs and then accurately measure out the Motul fork oil (which they consider to be the best) to go in them. He then adjusted the rear suspension to suit me and the front end.

Of all my bikes (including the XR which went from an Enduro to a Supermoto) this has been the biggest and best improvement of all. Braking is far more confidence inspiring and has more feel (I have locked the front up countless times before because I never knew when it was on the point of locking), and the feeling it had that the front may wash out under slightly more than moderate lean angles has gone completely.

Having your suspension sorted out is probably the best and cheapest way to go faster. Worth every penny-now I need to get a new front tyre to make the most of the changes.