Author Topic: What a great day it’s been  (Read 1101 times)

Offline medic5

What a great day it’s been
« on: October 16, 2011, 17:54:49 »
What a great day it’s been with perfect riding weather, not to hot not to cold and sun all day! The ride on the A3 wide open and not a speed camera anywhere and so few cars it was like Christmas morning…………..The ride back from the sea front via the A29 just as great with only a few Sunday afternoon cars make for a great 5 hour ride out, never saw another wee though, lots of Harleys, BMs but none of ours, oh well may be next week end.
:occasion-balloons:  :obscene-sexualspermblue:  :obscene-sexualspermmagenta:

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
Re: What a great day it’s been
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 18:46:53 »
Agreed, took the good lady out for a 60-odd mile bimble and she got some shopping in too..

I do look after her!
No bike at present.......

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 18:55:22 »
I got the old Honda out of the garage and took it for a 40 mile spin around some back roads here, was good fun :thumb:
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline choppsie

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 19:34:36 »
Couldn't agree more. I went to Hoggin the Bridge and the weather was perfect for a ride out. There were over 4,000 bikes there, couple of pictures to follow

http://www.praiadaluzapartment.com/down ... AG0064.jpg for the full sized image

:thumb:

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 20:15:30 »
I was in work!  :violence-uzi:  :angry-fire:  and most of this week, but I do get to take a Deauville out for a long ride and service before it goes into storage for the winter! - I'm taking my iPod!

Ride Coordinator

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 21:15:31 »
I was out on the bike yesterday, first canny day up here in a week! Loved it, and tried out some indicator mods using various reflecting bits n bobs...ended up ordering some special stuff offa ebay, only to discover better stuff in the bairns' art materials box (now duly raided!). :shock:

Also tried out my new BikeVis bullets - wow! these are new upgraded ones putting out 2x the light of the older ones (one of these had failed, they sent me full new set gratis! Good service values...)
Too much homework and stuff to do today for the bike, though...sigh...

Nevermind - the lads got a draw against the spuds, who are a decent team! Wahey! Nee relegation this year :lala:          (wish I hadn't said that!)
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Kaboo

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 21:38:21 »
On Saturday I took the new bike over to Jersey as Condor Ferries were doing cheap day returns. So spent the day riding round Jersey on the new bike.

Riding round in the sunshine on a new bike can't be bad.

Offline Abercol

• Bike: 2016 Explorer XRT
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 10:28:17 »
Yup, a really good day. I led a group of 18 rides on a 160 mile trip from Banchory up the A93 to Braemar, then over Glenshee to Kirriemuir & up Glen Clova for lunch. Finished off with a backroad run to Brechin & still had enough daylight left to give the bike a really good clean with Sdoc 100/ACF50 (I forgot how good the Sdoc was till I used it again).

No other Stroms on the day. Got a good look at a Varadero as one of the blokes just got an immaculate '09 plate - he wrote off his Hayabusa and the Vara was his first choice replacement.