Author Topic: Stuck in Leeds for a few days  (Read 870 times)

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Stuck in Leeds for a few days
« on: March 21, 2011, 10:47:31 »
Stuck in Leeds for a few days due to training. I have today to myself, is there anything here worth seeing or more specifically, are there any nice roads nearby? I need a ride somewhere to relax a bit.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline jonH

• Bike: R1200GS LC
Re: Stuck in Leeds for a few days
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 11:07:30 »
Not sure on great roads, I don't have much experience of anything bar the A61 to Harrogate but if you at all like tapas, pay Viva Cuba a visit on kirkstall road - their chorizo in red wine is like no other
Their banana rice is good too  :banana-explosion:

http://www.vivacubaleeds.co.uk/

I'd say I'd meet up for a beer or two but I'm going to become a dad tomorrow so best not  :old:
There is nothing in life that cannot be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas

Offline dogpuf

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:17:50 »
Your surrounded by some fantastic riding roads

Head out for Leyburn and make sure you take in the Masham to Middleham road, either on the way out or on the way back, which is sublime

Leyburn to Hawes is excellent

Anywhere that direction from Leeds is going to be good

Lee
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline Mr Ballou

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 18:38:40 »
Quote from: "jonH"
Not sure on great roads, I don't have much experience of anything bar the A61 to Harrogate but if you at all like tapas, pay Viva Cuba a visit on kirkstall road - their chorizo in red wine is like no other
Chorizo in port ...one of my favourite quick & easy recipes  :grin:
I love my wife and she says I can have a Fireblade real soon

Offline Beerbelly

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 19:33:17 »
Get over to Squires Cafe near Sherburn in Elmet on Wednesday evening, it gets absolutely packed with bikers.  http://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/

Offline Scudnut

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 00:37:20 »
I'll be up that way too later in the week. I'm at Prince William barracks, Grantham all day Friday, then up to Leeds, Saturday On up to Ravenscar near Scrarborugh and back to London on Sunday. All on the Wee, I can't wait.
Irish Blood English Heart.

Offline StreetHippo

• Bike: DL650A K9
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 17:58:55 »
Brimham rocks is a beautiful place for a stroll and a brew as is Harrogate and The north York moors are amongst the best roads, start at Helmsley and go over the top. Beware cops and corners, first will nick you, second will kill you! Good riding though!!

Stu

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 10:36:26 »
Thanks for the recommendations, I ended up going from Leeds to Harrogate, then Ripon, then Masham. By the time I got there it was quite dark and I was getting hungry and running out of fuel. So I missed out on riding the road between Masham and Leyburn. Even though it was dark I enjoyed the ride back, the temperature was perfect for a ride and at that time there was very little traffic. I got a chance to use the Philips MotoVision bulbs to their full potential, they are much better than normal bulbs.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog