Author Topic: Feckin NIP  (Read 1025 times)

Offline putbinoot

• Bike: WEE, KLX250, GasGas 250, GasGas 125
Feckin NIP
« on: June 10, 2010, 15:42:48 »
61 in a 50 mind you it used to be a 60 two lane dual carriageway now it's a 50 two lane dual carriageway. Safety Camera a would like to stick it somewhere to see how safe it is. :bawl:  :bawl:  :bawl:

Offline Fenris

Re: Feckin NIP
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 16:05:20 »
That's unlucky :(

I have a deep hatred for the people that decided to introduce these. Touch wood I've never been got (been flashed in a hire car in London but never ended up with a ticket) but they are really crap, especially the average speed ones. On the plus side I guess, it's getting increasingly hard to get anywhere near the speed limits on most roads now due to the volume of traffic  ###
GPX750 > GS500 > Hornet 600 > DL1000

Offline steve1962

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 16:26:19 »
....don't even think of coming to Oxfordshire then ................. riddled with em .

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 16:59:33 »
well avg speed cams aren't too bad on the bike ;) most face the front of the vehicle, oh look no number plate ;)
Alcohol, the cause, and solution to many of lifes problems!

Offline dogpuf

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 19:06:03 »
Unlucky - After managing to avoid speeding tickets from 1979 through to 2004 I got my first speeding ticket riding my FJR1300 in a very similar fashion

I then in Feb 2007 took 3points on the chin for my daugther so she didn't lose her licence and job  :shrug: stupid I know

Then bugger me I got done June 2007 by a mobile safety camera speeding ticket over in East Yorkshire whilst out on a ride with my son Paul and Little Bro. Paul and I got tickets but Little Bro somehow avoided procescution

So I had a nervous few months with 9 points - the pouting starfish was tweaking every ride

Finally I have now got NIL POINTS - long may it last

Lee
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline putbinoot

• Bike: WEE, KLX250, GasGas 250, GasGas 125
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 19:35:57 »
What is really annoying is that there is a slip road of to the left just before where the van was sitting, if I had taken it a doubt they would have got my number plate there must have been a camera on the side to get the bike plate as you pass. Although you would think the same camera that says you are speeding should have to be the one that identifies you. How they get away with calling it a Safety Camera is beyond me.

Offline Tall-n-thin

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 20:43:37 »
The 'safety' angle really gets me. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for safety. If there's a road where there's constantly fatal accidents (due to speeding) then anything to slow people down has got to be a good idea.
As an example of 'unnecessary post mounted cash boxes', a small section of road near me in Potters Bar running from the M25 exit (J24) into the town is about 1/4 mile long. I can't recall in 14 years there ever being a crash there, let alone a fatal one. However, the powers that be have decided that it's such a dangerous stretch of road, that they have installed not one, but three cameras! Ffs! You just get through one, have about 200yds of road and there's another.
On the positive (but somewhat ironic) side, the road is usually jammed solid anywhere near rush hour, so there's not much chance of getting done. ;-)

Steve.
DL650 Wee, MRA Vario tall screen, Oxford Hotgrips, Cymarc frame protectors, DL1000 seat (for that extra inch), Scottoiler, Cut Peashooter, mudguard Extenda, GPS mount made from idiot strip.

Offline Catballou

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 20:59:25 »
ouch gutted for you  :GRR:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline V-Strom-Mark

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 00:23:42 »
There was a similar 'safety campaign' here quite a few years ago where (unmarked police) vans would be parked at the side of the road and would photograph the plate of a speeding vehicle, then the owner would end up with a ticket and fine some time later and loose the appropriate amount of points off their licence.  It was scrapped some time later due to the public outcry due to the fact that it was such a blatant cash grab for the provincial coffers and the also that the vehicle owner was issued the fine and lost the demerit points without any actual proof of who was driving the vehicle.  A case of the owner being guilty even if he/she were innocent!
Mark.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.   Roger Waters