Author Topic: Thoughts on my 1050XT: a month in  (Read 269 times)

Offline SharpSword

• Bike: V-Strom 1050XT
Thoughts on my 1050XT: a month in
« on: August 26, 2024, 12:32:53 »
Well, everyone thought I was a bit bonkers changing 'down' from a ZZR1400 to a V-Strom 1050XT; were they right?

No! Well okay, regardless of all that I'm still a bit bonkers!

But I've taken to this bike like no other, I can't really put my finger on exactly why other than it just suits me down to the ground and does exactly what I require of it.  It's the little useful details too, such as actually being able to see things in the mirrors other than my own arm pit, the accessory bar and conveniently placed USB port.  You know you're growing up a little when you get more excited about USB ports and mirrors than BHP!  lol  Of course the v-twin rumble is always a plus!

Anyway, so far I've managed to get around 700 miles in which is more than I clocked up on the other bike in the last 12 months so I guess that says how much I've jelled with it. Fitted myself a cheeky R&G rad guard and ordered a Cosmo bash plate (using the lovely forum discount of course).

I was hoping to get down to the campsite this weekend but I have a myriad of uni assignments due in so I had to be sensible and work on those; I'm procrastinating on the last one now as I type this.  Hope to get to the next one to say hi to a few of you and waffle away in person.  :grin:

Offline minkyhead

Re: Thoughts on my 1050XT: a month in
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 12:01:55 »
good bikes   ..its good to flit about and  enjoy different machines  which a lot do     in my case I have a flit about and  then get another strom  currently my third in tewnty years  between alongish list of  allsorts    and I'm never disspointed  by them   ..no doubt ill fly off and try summet different again     but will probaly default back to the strom  when inspiration   escapes me   ..always a pleasure to own  and   always available  st sensible money 

What's the weather forecast  ...where's  me map