Author Topic: Brakes Brakes Brakes  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Valzdl650

• DL650 Paderborn germany
  • Bike: DL650 K5
Re: Brakes Brakes Brakes
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2023, 23:33:51 »
Now you say that I do notice that I get little bit of leak around the lip of the master cylinder , could that be the cause? Hmm , yes I bleed by pumping and then attaching a clamp to keep the handle pulled in , I then undo the nipple, do it up , then repeat

Offline Valzdl650

• DL650 Paderborn germany
  • Bike: DL650 K5
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2023, 23:35:15 »
Lid** of the master cylinder

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2023, 00:28:50 »
I recall the manual stating to do the left first, then the right, but you will probably have to go back and forth a few times. You can also gravity bleed some systems where you just open the bleed nipple and let the fluid slowly work its way down. I straddled the front wheel to do the left one so I could reach both the lever and the spanner, but then my system wasn't empty or filled with air, I was simply flushing the fluid with new.

As for leaking from the lid of the m/c, that probably depends on what's causing the leak. The rubber bellows thing should seal against the outer lip, so if it's just that then it's probably just a bit of corrosion that's built up that needs cleaning off the base of the m/c.

Another tip I brought from another bike we have is to turn the bars to change the angle of the m/c and also the calipers to dislodge air. You'll get it!

Offline earlystock

• Bike: GSXR750 L2, Vstrom 650 XT Honda CB400 Dream, FS1E, Sym Mio 100
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2023, 17:25:18 »
I have used powerhouse, they are very good, and their aftersales support is really good. The last one  bought (for an old CB400T Dream) was different to the one fitted, but it turns out it was because the piston that was already fitted was from a superdream, point is he knew that and was able and willing to help. Not the cheapest, but they actually provide support and help.

Offline Rookie

• Bike: DL1000 K7
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2023, 13:41:15 »
It's all turning up at once, and the weather has warned up. So time to get fixing I think. :fix:
That ain't rain it's liquid sunshine 🌞