Author Topic: C44 oxygen sensor FI  (Read 561 times)

Offline Valzdl650

• DL650 Paderborn germany
  • Bike: DL650 K5
C44 oxygen sensor FI
« on: October 19, 2023, 18:44:34 »
I’ve seen the sensors are over 200£ and everyone is using the little gadget them at shorts it , can I just remove it from the exhaust and give it a clean? 🤔

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
Re: C44 oxygen sensor FI
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 02:10:07 »
Give it a measure first, I think there is a diagnostic procedure in the service manual. This will tell you whether it's perhaps the wiring rather than the sensor itself (although, if your bike has been pushing raw unburnt fuel down the exhaust due to the misfire on the front cylinder, it may well have damaged it, not really sure how resistant they are to raw fuel).

Offline Valzdl650

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 08:01:51 »
Ahh OK then that is it then , I was thinking maybe it was todo with something from that issue , but that would be it then, I’ll do the diagnostics but Yh I suppose it would be from that 😑 so the little things you can plug into them that we can get from fleebay, that will turn out the light but the actual problem won’t be fixed right? So the sensor is showing me that there is an issue with the emissions , would this later down the line cause an issue if not rectified?

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 01:44:15 »
No, I mean that because your bike was running on only one cylinder any air/fuel mix would have exited the front cylinder straight into the exhaust, no idea if that would damage an O2 sensor but since you never had it before, and it only came on after you fixed your other issue... as long as everything is plugged in and the wires are undamaged!

Measure it out as per the service manual, if it's a gonner then get an eliminator. Apparently there are benefits over and above the expense of an O2 sensor such as smoother running.

Offline Valzdl650

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 07:40:48 »
OK great to know thanks