Author Topic: Going to test ride a...  (Read 481 times)

Offline Champy72

• Bike: Triumph Tiger Explorer, MRE Norton Commando classic racing sidecar, Suzuki V-Strom DL 650 2019
Going to test ride a...
« on: September 20, 2023, 22:35:16 »
V-Strom 800 DE!!!
The write-ups have been very good, although the 230Kg weight seems excessive, but seat height will sort that out hopefully.
Looks the it’ll do the job (apart from spoked wheels - I hate cleaning spoked wheels!), a tad overpriced maybe but will be interesting to compare it with the 650 DL...
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space...

Offline Steve T

• Bike: F8GS, NC750X
Re: Going to test ride a...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 11:01:10 »
Don't like spokes eh!

Then wait for this version:-

https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=42691.0;topicseen
A weekend wasted isn't a wasted weekend

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Re: Going to test ride a...
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 14:24:41 »
I have a 650DL and took a ride on the 800DE. There is no comparison, the 800 is a completely different bike and very good at what it does. I only rode it on roads but I can tell you it's quick, handles well, the brakes are very good and on the half hour ride I had, it was very comfortable.

I don't think the spoked, tubed wheels/tyres are a idea and I also thought it is expensive. I would guess that when the road version hits the dealers the price of the DL will drop like a stone so second hand ones will loose their owners heaps of money but be good buy's for tight people like me. If I was to buy a DL it would definitely be a used one with lots of kit fitted and low miles and full service history. My guess is that there will be lots of them on the market.

I'm not a dealer of expert on marketing, this is just my opinion and yes, I think the 800DL is excellent.  :thumb:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.