Author Topic: L4 Glee wiring loom, a mini usb connector…?  (Read 643 times)

Offline stoatsngroats

• Bike: VStrom 800 DE
L4 Glee wiring loom, a mini usb connector…?
« on: February 26, 2023, 21:18:08 »
I spotted a plug, wrapped in white tape this morning and on inspecting saw a Mini USB plug! It’s at the front, on the right side, adjacent to the coolant bottle.
Now, my bike has a Garmin Zumo fitted, which I think was a factory addition, but I’m not sure whether it is part of this, or something else?
I re wrapped in electrical tape, if you can shed light on this, that might help me understand.

I was looking at connecting my top box to the battery. It’s a Hepco & Becker oem box, and I’d need to drill a hole and fit a gland and a waterproof cable connection, any ideas?
Thanks, SnG
Quiet applause will do.

Offline stoatsngroats

• Bike: VStrom 800 DE
Re: L4 Glee wiring loom, a mini usb connector…? Solved! 🤪
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 18:36:42 »
So, I had a little more time to search, and noted the Garmin Zumo fitting instructions, and low-and-behold, found an image showing the micro USB connector!
All is good!
Quiet applause will do.

Offline sjrainsford

• Bike: DL650 L4 and 2008 Vespa GTS300 Super
Re: L4 Glee wiring loom, a mini usb connector…?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 07:43:54 »
Regarding the top box power.  I have a double USB plug mounted under the seat.  I then run a cable up from there into the bottom of my top box if needed.  This also means, if I'm running without the top box, I can stick my phone or device required under the seat and charge there too.

Offline Aberdeen lad

• Bike: DL650XT L6
Re: L4 Glee wiring loom, a mini usb connector…?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023, 23:00:27 »
Quote removed

at the front, on the right side…is this as your sitting on the bike or looking at it from the front?