Author Topic: Disconnect Fuel Line  (Read 530 times)

Offline Angus

• Bike: DL650A L3
Disconnect Fuel Line
« on: May 15, 2023, 13:15:05 »
Have been unable to disconnect the fuel line to remove petrol tank. There must be  a knack that I don't know. Id post a pic but that won't work either. How does that connection come apart?
Is there any way to get to the air filter to clean it without taking off the fuel line? Maybe move the petrol tank over to the side ,,,though I have found that difficult and don't want to snap any of the plastic fairing.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: 800RE
Re: Disconnect Fuel Line
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 13:57:35 »
It can be a little awkward to remove. After removing the side panels & undoing the tank retaining bolts I prop the tank up with the the plate at the bottom of the tank (the chap in this video uses a block of wood but the silver plate, just above it, is the tool for the job) then remove the electric connection & breather pipes. The video doesn't make in clear, but to remove the feed pipe you just squeeze the blue 'tags' together & pull the two parts away from each other. The technique is to ensure they are being pulled straight, any slight movement will make it difficult. It's the same replacing the fuel line, push them together as straight as possible and ensure you hear or feel a click when the tags seat.
There may be other YouTube videos, this was one of the first I came across.

Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline Angus

• Bike: DL650A L3
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 14:30:46 »
Thanks. I got it off couple of minutes later. What a struggle it was . As you said I think its something to do with the angle. Now just got to blast the filter through the compressor and put it all back together again.

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 17:05:54 »
   It makes it much easier to dis-connect the fuel line if you push the fuel-line ON a little before you squeeze the two catches together before you remove it.
Ian Mc.

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 10:37:12 »
It's been a long time since I removed a Suzuki's fuel tank, but the tank on the GSX came off the other week to do the head bearings... what a PITA!

Ride Coordinator