Author Topic: Rear Huggers  (Read 2777 times)

Offline StreetHippo

• Bike: DL650A K9
Re: Rear Huggers
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 12:30:29 »
OK, went to fit the hugger today, can't remove the screw on the right hand swingarm to position the bracket on that side. Once again Suzuki soft cheese fasteners strike! Has anyone got round this? Apart from drilling out!!

Stu

Offline Squirrelciv

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 19:09:41 »
If you can't get an impact driver in there (think it might be tight) I'd go for dremelling the head off and sliding the plastic part off. Mind you that means no way back from there.
Live long. Live well. Live happy.

Offline StreetHippo

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 19:55:13 »
It doesn't mention this in the useless fitting instructions at all, do you take the brake hose guide off completely? Is it only held by that one screw?
Cheers,
Stu ###

Offline blackops

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 21:15:14 »
Just fitted my pyramid hugger tonight the original chain guard fixings were a sod to get out had to use a hammer and centre punch to turn them in the end as I had rounded them off as for the other side I did not take the plastic hose guard off as the bracket fitted flush up to the guard and the fixing screws were dead in line ? Regards Jed.

Offline Squirrelciv

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 21:27:40 »
Quote from: "StreetHippo"
It doesn't mention this in the useless fitting instructions at all, do you take the brake hose guide off completely? Is it only held by that one screw?
Cheers,
Stu ###

Yes, off it comes, at least it does for the pyramid hugger I fitted. Only the one screw, the swing arm pivot end is located by a dowel fitting in a hole drilled into the swing arm.

I thought the instructions I had were OK. Did notice the lack of copper slip or any other kind of grease on any factory fitted bolt though. For the belly pan you have to remove then re-fit 4 crankcase bolts... Dry as a bone and just waiting to rot in the engine. Plenty of ACF50 me thinks
Live long. Live well. Live happy.

Offline blackops

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 21:39:20 »
Sorry can't see the reason why the plastic guard comes off? it does not interfere with the fitting of the swingarm bracket at all fitted my pyramid hugger tonight no problems.

Offline StreetHippo

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 23:36:06 »
Mine must be a twat then!!!! :GRR:
Try again in the morning.
Stu