Author Topic: Right time right place  (Read 603 times)

Offline deecat

• Bike: DL800RE
Right time right place
« on: April 30, 2023, 09:22:12 »
I went for a demo ride on the new 1050 on Tuesday and while I was there a bloke approached me about selling my 650,so we swapped numbers before I went out on the demo.
After talking price to change with the dealer I gave him a call which ended up with him buying my bike, so I was able to go back to the dealer for a better deal without a px.

Even though I had done a few upgrades to the 650 I still missed the grunt , better brakes and suspension from my previous 1000 and I was surprised how the 1050 felt lighter and smaller.

The deal is done and should be picking the bike up on Friday so I need to get the first service out of the way before we go on holiday on it.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
Re: Right time right place
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2023, 11:06:34 »
Winner, winner, chips for dinner.

Enjoy your new 'bike. :thumb:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2023, 12:39:17 »
Yes , enjoy ..  :thumb:

It's great when things fall into place , it makes you think it was all ment to be ..  :)
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline deecat

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 12:50:48 »
Yep was not to sure about going back to the bigger bike and tried out a few others but realised that I just like the v-twin so much. 

We are retiring this year so I thought I might as well go for it before our age and fitness forces us to look at possibly going for a lower retro style bike.

Offline Phild

• Bike: Suzuki Vstrom 1050XT
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023, 09:34:27 »
I pick up my pre-Reg 1050XT tomorrow.

I test rode the latest 1050 last week to see if I could deal with the height, I could, but I’ve ordered the low seat as I was on my toes most of the time (29” inside leg).

I’ve never had a V-twin before, but absolutely loved it on the test ride.👍

I keep my bikes for a long time, trading in my Honda after nearly 11 years of ownership, so this one will see me way past 70.😱

Offline deecat

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 10:06:40 »
I fitted some lowering links to my previous 1000 that helped with the seat height, which I might put on the 1050 but on the test ride I was about 95% flat footed so I will try the bike without them first.
Only time will tell when we are out in the countryside to see if I need to lower it a bit.

I think you will enjoy your bike as these are a very underrated  machine, if the 1050 proves to be as good or better than the 1000 we will be happy.