Author Topic: Engine mount/Accessory Bar B mounting bolts  (Read 668 times)

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
Engine mount/Accessory Bar B mounting bolts
« on: August 08, 2022, 21:58:04 »
Hello, I just finished today adding my Garmin satnav power lead to my ‘22 1050 using the accessory power outlet behind the offside tank cover. I had to get the panels off to remove the fuel tank and noted that although the offside tank cover came off quite easily, the nearside one was obstructed by the Accessory Bar B’s I had added when new.
I called the dealer to check whether I should have loosened/removed the accessory bars and was told it would be easier to do so, and to save scratching the coloured panels. When asked he said it was safe to loosen them off as it wouldn’t cause the engine to fall out! I felt foolish after asking.😂
I loosened the bolts I’ve marked A, B and C in the below image and was hoping someone on here with a 1050 may have fitted these bars and still have the instructions to tell me the torque settings for these bolts? I can call the dealer back in the morning, but was hoping to leave on a journey on my bike earlier than they open.
I’ve also included a photo to show the accessory bar I mean.

Offline mrp192

Re: Engine mount/Accessory Bar B mounting bolts
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 21:59:46 »
Accessory bar B

Offline mrp192

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 11:59:45 »
Hi, could I please repeat my request as to anyone still has the instructions that come with the DL1050 accessory bar B and could put a photo of them on here? Specifically for the bolt torque settings but would be interested to see the whole thing if possible.
Unfortunately my dealer didn’t provide them when they fitted the bars to the new bike. Thank you and hope someone can help.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: 800RE
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 13:52:11 »
Is this any help? I make no guarantee that the values here are correct!
https://www.stromtrooper.com/threads/engine-mounting-bolt-torque-spec-for-crash-bar-install.435147/
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 07:52:47 »
   If you are concerned about the motor dropping, place a jack under the motor for support. Do one side at a time and the motor should not drop.  The jack under the motor does help to realign things if required on the install.
  Perhaps a word of caution. If you are using supplied replacement bolts to mount the guards, first check the bolt hole with a depth gauge / thin screwdriver / wire to ensure that the supplied bolt length isn't too long.
  I have read of a couple of cases of a supplied bolt snapping while being torqued to spec due to incorrect bolt length. Not sure of the manufacturer name, but well worth perhaps keeping in mind.

Offline mrp192

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 21:06:19 »
Thank you for your help.