Author Topic: Innovv K3  (Read 541 times)

Offline Monschwee

• Bike: DL650XT
Innovv K3
« on: August 04, 2022, 20:58:54 »
I was wondering if anyone with a 650 has fitted the K3 to their bike, I have bought one and will probably get to fit it over the bank holiday weekend.

if there are any tips like where you have found the best place to attach the cameras and hide the wires please let me know, I’m thinking the front will go on the inside of my crash bars and the rear under the topbox plate.

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: Innovv K3
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 21:31:10 »
I've fitted quite a few camera kits to bikes, several being made by innovv, I'm yet to fit a set to a Vstrom however.

Fitting the cameras in a discreet place, front and back where they can't be damaged easily or tampered with in my opinion is best.
Fit the controller on clutch lever side and the hard drive/card slot securely under the seat so it can't get wet or dirty. 

Hiding all the wires can be a pain but it's easier with panels/tank off so the wires can be secured and hidden properly.

Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 22:17:09 »
I used a hot glue gun to fix mine under the headlight at the front, and under the top box at the back. Mine is just on/off with the ignition and the unit is in a plastic tub under the seat. Wires run along the loom from the front, and come out near grab rails at the rear.

Offline Monschwee

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 07:35:59 »
Thanks blokes, appreciate the information. I do plan on taking as much off the bike as I can to run/hide the wires and I guess once I get power to the front the camera I can try and find a good position to place it where I can get the best footage.

For the splicing of the cable to get power on/off with the ignition did you use the brake light cable or is there a better option in your opinion?

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 08:29:30 »
Mine's wired through a power distribition box (with all other accessories) which takes a feed from rear brake light. That seems to be the easiest way. Bigpie sells auxiliary kits for this which is plug and play into the stock loom.

Offline Monschwee

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 08:34:37 »
Thanks will send Bigpie a message, appreciate all the information given.