Author Topic: Advice Needed  (Read 482 times)

Offline Artyman

• Bike: 2014 DL1000 & Yamaha 250
Advice Needed
« on: June 22, 2022, 01:02:12 »
Hello Everyone,

For some time now I’ve suspected that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs, like when I answer the house phone the other person hangs up, or the fact that my wife goes out a lot with the ‘girls’ and comes back very late.

Anyway, the other night she said she was going out and was wearing high heels, black seamed stockings and an extremely short skirt and I kind of realised something wasn’t right, so thinking I would catch her out I decided to sit in the shed where I park my bike. Anyway, just after midnight a car I had never seen before pulled up outside the house. I couldn’t see the driver but I  briefly saw my wife in the passenger seat. After a while the windows started to steam up and I couldn’t see them very well so to get a better view I opened the door to the shed a bit more and crouched next to the bike.

It was then that I noticed there was a slight film of oil on the hydraulic clutch housing of my VStrom DL1000, and to make things worse, it looks like a seal has gone on one of the forks. Has anyone else had issues with oil around the banjo bolt on the clutch housing? Do you think I should replace it? And is changing the fork seal difficult? I was also thinking of changing the fork springs for some after market springs. Do you think this would be a good opportunity to change the springs…? Any advice is welcome.
Never let your karma run over your dogma...

Offline Whiterose

• Bike: DL650 K6
Re: Advice Needed
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 12:16:21 »
Lay the bike on its side in the street just in front of where the bloke parked his car.
Tell the wife he's knocked the bike over and damaged the clutch housing and forks, claim through' his insurance to get both jobs done.
Ask the wife if she's finished with the stockings, skirt and heels cos your going out with the 'boys' tonight on a 'dress-up' stag do.

Offline Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
Re: Advice Needed
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 19:24:39 »
Yes, change the springs......get a new bed or house, anything in the market seems appropriate. Change the wife too.  lol
So how's it going so far then?