Author Topic: What's your view on the 1050 XT  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Ridaz

• Site Donator
  • Bike: Africa Twin 2017, TTR 250 2004, VF 750F-D Interceptor 1983
Re: What's your view on the 1050 XT
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2021, 07:20:21 »
Good job you have a Sat Nav that is so easy to use really Rusty  :whistle:

Online Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2021, 07:41:09 »
Even better, I have a strange bald bloke from South Yorkshire to follow around. No Garmin gremlins to spoil the day.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2021, 09:41:59 »
True, but fair.

To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline vstroman

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2021, 17:24:51 »
Not much price dif between the new Honda NT1100 and the Vstrom 1050xt.

Offline Doonhamer

• Bike: Suzuki DL 1050
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2021, 18:14:39 »
I’ve had my standard DL since June and done about 3k miles on it in all weathers and reckon it’s the best all round bike I’ve owned. It handles sweetly and can scratch when you went to play silly beggars but is just as happy pootling along at lower speeds when you want to take in the scenery. The riding position is great as well and I find it very comfy. The bars are not miles wide like a GS and it even has a rear brake pedal that’s in the right place (BMW take note) and a back brake that works! I’ve no problems with the throttle, smooth as silk whatever mode it’s in. The instruments are not the prettiest and do date/cheapen the bike a little but they are no worse than the display on 1200RS was and it cost an awful lot more than the DL. I agree about the footrest position getting in the way when you put your feet down but you get used to it so not a deal breaker. Looks wise it’s standard adventure bike, none of the them are pretty to look at as far as I’m concerned and they wouldn’t raise my pulse when I lift the garage door. I’ve spent less money modifying this bike than any of my previous rides as the basic bike is pretty much spot on for my needs. I’ve added a Sat Nav mount, screen spoiler and changed the exhaust can and that’s it. No need for different suspension, different screens, seats, mudguards etc, which highlights how right they got it from the factory.

It might not have a flashy image but it encourages me to ride even in poorer weather which has got to be worth something, today being a great example. Roads were wet, temperatures were low single figures here in the North of Scotland yet I still got suited up and headed out the West Coast for a run this morning. From the first turn of the wheels it made a dull cold winters day a joy to be out. Again the bike made the trip easy, feeling planted, safe and secure in some pretty poor road conditions. Then on the return leg the roads dried and I got a lovely clear run at one of my favourite bits of road and we were flying, well cranked over and big throttle openings (that change light is very handy), got the old heart rate up and a big smile on my face. All in all a hugely enjoyable couple of hundred miles that I wouldn’t have been tempted to do on some of my “more exciting bikes”! Everyone is different and the above is just my opinion but if you’re in the market for a big usable ADV that won’t break the bank the big Suzuki is well worth at least a test ride.