Author Topic: What Tank Bag for L4  (Read 712 times)

Offline Artyman

• Bike: 2014 DL1000 & Yamaha 250
What Tank Bag for L4
« on: February 13, 2022, 12:36:40 »
I want to get a tank bag for my 2014 L4. I’m looking for something not too big, maybe around 8 to 12 L. All that’s going in is my passport and papers etc plus a camera and a couple of lenses. Ideally I’d like it to have a carry handle or strap so I can take it off and walk around with it as a glorified hand bag… ;-)

What are you blokes using? I’m not bothered whether it’s a strap-on or a Ring Lock but I notice that the RL seem to sit proud of the talk. Do they wobble around much?
Never let your karma run over your dogma...

Offline Youngman

• Bike: DL650 AL21, CBR954 '03
Re: What Tank Bag for L4
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 13:10:18 »
I've an an old Oxford tank bag with magnetic flaps that fold out and grab the tank.
It's not waterproof, but has a cover stashed in the pocket at the front. There's an expansion zipper to make it bigger. You can also unzip the bag to reveal a map case. Never used it though, so a waste of space IMHO.
The least attractive feature is it only zips down the sides, with a velcro strip to seal the bottom so I'm always paranoid something might fall out (never has though).
It came with a handle, carrying straps (rucksack style) and a security loop to attach to the steering yoke. Never used them. Just carry it like a shopping bag.
I'd post a picture but they don't make that model anymore. If you have a decent top-box they're a flaff most of the time apart from long trips for passport, documents etc..

I've had it since 2005, so it's obviously well durable.
It's difficult to soar with the Eagles when you're really a Turkey

Offline Relevant11

• Bike: Dl1000L4. KTM XCF 350, Royal Enfield interceptor 650( yes they are as good as they say)
Re: What Tank Bag for L4
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 16:00:00 »
I’ve been using a givvi tank lock bag for the last 5 years can’t fault it.
   Super quick and easy attaching/ one attaching via the locking ring which is fixed to the fuel cap assembly.