Author Topic: Fuel Diablo Fitment  (Read 588 times)

Offline UnicycleMan

• Bike: DL1000 L8 Yellow!
Fuel Diablo Fitment
« on: March 04, 2021, 16:25:23 »
Afternoon all,

So I have finally got round to unpacking and fitting a Fuel exhaust that I purchased from Simmo24 (very nice exhaust by the way, thanks!) but have noticed a couple of things that I wondered if anyone could help with.

I have searched for and found a similar thread but it did not answer my questions completely so I now turn to the wise sages on here for advice. :old:

Now, the other thread I mentioned was around fitment and how to get it so sit right on the bike. I have tried all variations of clamp loosening and pip twisting but it always feels like it wants to spring away from the bike where the clamp is bolted.

Also, the bolt and spacer supplied would not fit the bike even if I somehow managed to get the clamp to sit nearer the bike so perhaps this is the answer to my question? I am currently using another, longer bolt because I couldn't get the can to sit near enough the bike to use the original bolt without the spacer. Is my 2018 1000 slightly different to the 14 plate and before models to which the can was previously fitted?

I have to admit, if the way it is installed currently is the correct way, I really don't like the way it flares out from the bike. I was hoping the can would hug the bike more, there certainly is room!

Anyway, I hope you can make some sort of sense of my rambling. I will attach photos for reference.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
Re: Fuel Diablo Fitment
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 17:49:47 »
A quick peek at Fuel's website seems to suggest 2014-2019 use the same kit. I'd try contacting them and explain your concerns.

Offline UnicycleMan

• Bike: DL1000 L8 Yellow!
Re: Fuel Diablo Fitment
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 12:51:18 »
Thanks Rusty, have given them a call and they are looking into it for me. Super helpful people!

Thanks for your reply, will post the outcome here when all is resolved!