Author Topic: Renthal Handlebars with Suzuki Handguards  (Read 1730 times)

Offline graingerblaze

• Bike: DL1050
Renthal Handlebars with Suzuki Handguards
« on: January 16, 2021, 00:49:59 »
Just thought I would share my experience of replacing the stock handlebars with Renthal 613 bars (other options available).

I accidentally bent the handlebars during a trailer trip so needed new ones. I went with the Renthal as they are significantly lighter, offer a little flex and suit the slightly wider stance I was after. Although they are 22mm outer diameter (so a direct swap with standard bars), they are aluminium with thick side walls so the stock end plugs do not fit. Stock steel handlebars are 18mm internal diameter, Renthal are 13mm ID.

I bought some Renthal end plugs when ordering the handlebars, forgetting the Suzuki hand guards... yep no use.

So after lots of digging around I found and bought some of the Oxford bar ends (OX593). These have an identical shoulder to that of the Suzuki hand guard spacer that is used to secure the end of the hand guard.

Now with the 613 Renthal bars there was insufficient room to slide the clutch and brake assemblies along, so I had to add a little solid rubber spacer and washer as shown in the photo below. If the bars were wider and some options I believe are, then no need for the extra spacer.

There was little I could find on YouTube or on this forum of examples where Renthal bars were used with Suzuki hand guard’s. I hope this is useful for anyone else planning such a change.

Products Used:

Renthal 613 handlebars (many colour options)
Oxford Bar Ends OX593 (5 colour options)
Rubber spacer 25 OD x 8 ID x 10mm wide
M6 Penny Washer

:)
DL1050 Grey (2020) V-Strom

Offline oslin

• Bike: DL650A L5
Re: Renthal Handlebars with Suzuki Handguards
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 12:43:39 »
Thank you a very useful post and backed up with photos Great.  :text-goodpost:

Offline WeeStromer

• Bike: DL650 AL2 GLEE, CG125 ES5
Re: Renthal Handlebars with Suzuki Handguards