Author Topic: My firsts today....  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Tall-n-thin

My firsts today....
« on: March 09, 2010, 14:24:09 »
Three firsts for me today:

1). My first day of filtering properly. By properly I mean not following my mate to work, but having to do it myself!

2). Now currently in the middle of having my first cold whilst wearing a helmet (mmmmmmm....).

3). Got my first 'nod' from another biker. Don't know why, but even as a grown up (apparently) this has made me smile all day.

Cheers,
Steve.
DL650 Wee, MRA Vario tall screen, Oxford Hotgrips, Cymarc frame protectors, DL1000 seat (for that extra inch), Scottoiler, Cut Peashooter, mudguard Extenda, GPS mount made from idiot strip.

Offline coopmick

Re: My firsts today....
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 15:31:42 »
Don't you love all these firsts :thumb:  :thumb:
Treat life's little problems like your dog would ... If you can't eat it or shag it, ... Piss on it and walk away!!!

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 15:45:05 »
sounds good apart from the cold, although weirdly wearing a helmet seems to surpress sneezes for me?

best advice for filtering is go at your own pace and keep your eyes peeled, I find assuming all cage drivers are out to kill you is a good approach ;)

nods are great, but harley riders won't generally give you a nod, only for other hd riders and scooters should be snubbed at all costs lol :P
Alcohol, the cause, and solution to many of lifes problems!

Offline DarrenVS

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 16:31:39 »
I nearly fell off my bike last weekend, a Harley rider nodded at me, what a shock.

Offline 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 17:44:55 »
Quote from: "DarrenVS"
I nearly fell off my bike last weekend, a Harley rider nodded at me, what a shock.

That's a one for the Guinness book of records ! Mind you it could have been a Harley clone, you know how 'authentic' some Jap cruisers are...  :neen:
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline DarrenVS

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 22:15:09 »
was definitely a Harley. I was 5 feet away from him as we passed whilst filtering :clap:

Offline Catballou

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 22:44:40 »
I did some work before logging into the forum..that's a first  :shrug:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline dogpuf

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 04:55:59 »
Well done Matey

1. Filtering is an art that that's years of practice to perfect but my main advice is to 'anticipate' situations before they happen. eg if the fecker looks like he might block you out then he probably will. Good Luck and may the force go with you

2. There's nothing full on snotty sneezes into a helmet then having to lick and finger the snot away so you can still breathe - lol

3. I always nod to other bikers - When I'm in europe I get right into the hand signals they do over there. I still believe in the big brotherhood of bikers against the world
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 10:45:48 »
Usually when you see a Harley rider nodding it's because he's cooking sock!

No seriously, a couple of my elderly chums have them. They just got too old and didn't want anyone to expect them to ride fast. They only go out when it's nice and spend lots of time polishing their nobs and stuff.