Author Topic: Best place to buy decent spot lights  (Read 712 times)

Offline Darreng586

• Bike: V strom 1000
Best place to buy decent spot lights
« on: July 17, 2020, 16:14:16 »
Hi there am just looking to see if any you blokes can recommend a decent set of spot lights to purchase and where to purchase them?

T :auto-dirtbike:

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: 800RE
Re: Best place to buy decent spot lights
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 21:37:23 »
e-bay, Amazon etc. There's loads out there it just depends on how much you want to pay.
The cheapest aren't always the best, but 'you pays your money and you takes your chance'.  :thumb:
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline welldc

• Bike: DL650 K8
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 13:20:31 »
You can get some decent lights without paying Denali or Givi prices.
Depends what you want to use them for and what your budget is.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 14:38:12 »
Hi Darreng586. As suggested, there are loads of lights on ebay, some cheap as chips and others like Denali which are expensive. I can't tell you which of the cheap ones are the best but if you go down the cheap route, remember, you need more than two spot lights. You may need to buy additional brackets to mount them, you may need a relay, switch and wiring. If you have other accessories already mounted, it may be a good idea to by a auxiliary connector box that would fit under the seat and keep things safe and tidy.

The price of a couple of cheap spotlights soon mounts up and, I know fitting is a relatively simple job but unless you can do it yourself or, a mate fit them for free then that could incur extra cost.

Have you ridden any distance in the dark to find out if you really need them? Some bikes, like some BMW's definitely need them but personally, I don't think my bike (2012 650 Strom) does  as the lights are okay.  The other option, if you just want them cause they look good on your crash bars is to just fit them as ornaments, then the cheap ones are okay, just choose the ones that look cool and cost about £20 off Aliexpress. I've ordered items from them, usually cheaper than ebay for the same thing and, although delivery may take a while, they are quite reliable (IMHO). Hope this helps.
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.