Author Topic: Miss fire  (Read 906 times)

Offline DLMatt58

• Bike: DL1000 K2
Miss fire
« on: February 11, 2020, 20:02:06 »
Good evening people

I wondered if anyone could give me some advice I have a 2003 v-strom 1000 which has a 2006 engine in fitted many years ago and it has never missed a beat until now I went out for a ride on monday covered about 157 miles no problems atall until I was about 2 miles from home I came to stop at some traffic lights and the bike started back firing and miss firing and nearly cutting out as soon as I set off it was fine but a few 100 metre later another set of lights it did it again I had to hold the throttle at around 4k just to keep it from cutting out, it's got full service history and had one recently with Suzuki recommended plugs has anyone else had this issue thanks in advance

Offline pichulec

• Bike: KTM 1290 SAS
Re: Miss fire
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 20:11:03 »
Check if throttle bodies boots are in place. Mine popped out a bit and engine is getting false air. After very long trips on steady 70-80mph when I come to a stop on traffic lights sometimes does the same. All I need to do is turn ignition off and on again and it is fine. Can't be bothered to sort it out because I know how to deal with it :)  Also check TPS, spark plugs and ignition coils.

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
Re: Miss fire
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 06:06:56 »
Any progress yet on solving your bike's cutting out / miss-fire?