Author Topic: Observations While Running In  (Read 852 times)

Offline VstromJay

Observations While Running In
« on: September 19, 2019, 10:05:35 »
Observations while running in a Vstrom 1000 after riding a Burgman 650.

1. It has a clutch and gears so stabbing the selector switch on the handle bar no longer works.
2. You have to put it into gear to pull away.
3. You can pull away in 3rd.
4. It has gears and a ton of torque so you can now easily drop it down a couple and overtake rather than twist and hope.
5. It is very tall but visibility is great which comes in handy for spotting things that wants to jump out in front of you.
6. The front brake is really really really good.
7. ABS and traction control work together well.
8. When enjoying the power of the bike and the visibility you are very thankful for the great brakes, ABS and traction control.
9. It is possible to get a puff of tyre smoke from the front tyre if you try real hard.
10. Not having a barn door screen and a ton of Tupperware does expose you to the elements more.
11. My everyday jacket and gloves now let drafts of the now chilly air in the most uncomfortable places.
12. The heat from the engine can be most welcoming as the weather gets colder.
13. I do miss the underseat storage of the Burg.
14. I can now filter with elan rather than worry.
15. I now have suspension that is suitable for the UK roads. My bones and internal organs appreciate this. 

Offline S2Rgar

• Bike: DL1000 L9 Black - DL650 AL5 Red (SOLD) - DL650 AL3 Grey (SOLD) Suzuki GSX-S1000
Re: Observations While Running In
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 11:49:30 »
Good to hear  :thumb:

I'll be back on a V-Strom again next Thu after a 2 year spell on a Triumph.

My old 650's were brilliant bikes, I'm hoping this 1000 I've bought is even better.