Author Topic: 2019 650 Spare socket location  (Read 711 times)

Offline Blackie

• Bike: DL650, BMW G310R
2019 650 Spare socket location
« on: May 04, 2019, 17:16:41 »
Fitted a Pyramid mudguard extenda today, and when I'd finished I decided to look for the spare socket (heated grips socket?) Thanks to the members of this forum, I quickly located it. I found it best to lie down on the gear side, feet towards the front wheel. Locate the horn and look for a white, taped up connector. I disconnected the connected socket from the plug, and had spare connectors so I soldered the plug with about 3 ft of wire tails, and reconnected it. I could not get a good look at the plug wire colour, but it seems to be white (+) and black(-). the tails I put on were red and black. I plan to install some heated grips later and rather go directly to the battery, I decided that since the socket was there, I might as well use it, just to make sure that the grips are turned off.  I know that most grips have a cut off, to stop the battery draining, but I decided to use this method.

Offline lekyuk

• Bike: DL650 L2
Re: 2019 650 Spare socket location
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 14:21:56 »
Hi,

I've had Oxford heated grips on for 4 years on the original battery (6/7 years old) and never had an issue. The grips I have turn off automatically if you forget and are connected direct the the battery. Bike is used 5 days a week 52 weeks a year.

Leky

2012 AL2 650 V Strom