Author Topic: Come on the Spring  (Read 892 times)

Offline Chrisstrom

Come on the Spring
« on: March 03, 2010, 22:29:08 »
Well nearly. Took my Wee to work today for first time. had it nearly 2 months and only 2nd time out. 75 miles of A19, there and back never felt so good. Right hand toasty warm left hand, well not cold but not warm (what's that all about Suzuki). Fab not having to wait the extra 30 mins in the traffic queque in teeside. Wats the forecast for tomorrow? :)))
You can only do, what you can do

Offline V-Strom-Mark

Re: Come on the Spring
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 23:24:10 »
A 75 mile side is pretty nice for your second trip. :thumb:  Hopefully your weather forecast is good for a while now.

I had a half an hour ride a couple of weeks ago but that's been it.   Before that it was the end of October.:GRR:
Mark.

There's someone in my head but it's not me.   Roger Waters

Offline dogpuf

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 23:36:02 »
The reason the right hand heated grips works better than the left is because the right is installed onto the plastic sleeve that is the throttle. Whereas the left is installed straight onto the metal handle bar. The metal handelbar conducts the heat away making is less efficient. Might be worth removing the left taping the bar and re-installing it. Either that or put up with it

I also got my bike out this week but family commitments have stopped me riding  :bawl:

I'll be out this weekend this weekend weather permitting

Lee
C'mon spring I want to get riding

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 08:52:02 »
I took a group of 125 riders and newly born-agains out for their first proper run last Sunday. Had to cut it short because they were about to freeze to death. It was bloody cold!

None the less, they all had fun and agreed to do it properly once the weather is more civilised.

Offline Chrisstrom

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 22:51:07 »
I understand what your getting at with the grips, but the bm's I had before never had the same problem (GS & ST) both sides got very hot on the high setting.
You can only do, what you can do

Offline raggydan

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 08:56:51 »
ohhhh!......I thought it was a new way to lube the rear shock. :shock: