Author Topic: DL1000 XT - Advice  (Read 752 times)

Offline BigFoot

• Bike: DL1000 L8
DL1000 XT - Advice
« on: July 28, 2018, 13:08:39 »
blokes

with much regret I have had to part with my 2008 DL1000 after many great years, lots of miles and loads of tours.  The old girl just got tired.

Staying in the fold I have a DL1000 XT and wondered if you blokes could post pics / give advice on best options for:

Luggage and top box racks
Engine Bars
Centre Stand

and anything else you feel would help a brother out to use for touring.

Thanks

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
Re: DL1000 XT - Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 13:27:48 »
Greetings.

All a matter of opinions really. I tour lot of my 1000 and the following are great options. Givi Airflow screen.  Amazing transformation of ride quality. Buffeting a  thing of the past. Loads info here.
 Engine Bars.  Heed work for me.http://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=31722.msg313893#msg313893.  Come from Poland but really well made.  I stupidly dropped my bike a few weeks back doing a dopey 3 point turn in a farmers yard and lost my footing.  They did a brilliant job and literally unmarked. Really well made

Luggage. I rate the Shad. Have a shad top box that is quality. They do panniers as well but make the bike a bit wider, there are images on the net with this set up.

Scotoiler.  12K miles.  Never had to adjust the drive chain and looks like new. Cannot understand why some knock them, once set up brilliant.

good luck
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Online porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Re: DL1000 XT - Advice
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 17:34:22 »
As trotts said a givi airflow works great or if you like a small screen an mra.
Luggage I'd buy givi or the like, you can transfer them to your next bike.
Centre stand and crash bars I use Suzuki but I think there's better and cheaper elsewhere.
Hugger helps keep bike and pillion cleaner.
End can,  no reason other than looks.
Also use a scottoiler,  23k now on oe chain ( just about done)