Author Topic: Bar risers and Renthal bars ?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
Bar risers and Renthal bars ?
« on: July 30, 2017, 14:33:07 »
Renthal Bars for 2014 DL1000 Onwards.

I fancy some nice black Renthal bars for my Veek, and some Bar risers to bring them up a bit.  Has anyone actually installed some Renthal's on a DL1000 2014 on with a set of Risers without issue ?

Going Back last year this thread was in circulation. I am unsure of doing this, it also quite expensive and unsure if knuckle protectors (hand guards) will still fit.  I rang the company selling the risers and they were unsure.
  http://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=30090.msg299360#msg299360
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline Mudster

• Bike: Honda PCX125 and DL1000 K3
Re: Bar risers and Renthal bars ?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 12:49:21 »
I fitted M&P bar risers to my Renthals without any issue, although mine is a K3 Vee. I've got the Renthal low rise bars and the riser just brings the bars to a similar level to standard. Renthal also do a high rise bar and cables/hoses may not be quite long enough for these (mine were only just about long enough).

Wasn't sure if you were querying the bars physically fitting or the cables/hoses being long enough (and you hadn't had any response to your thread).

Offline philthunder

• Bike: Strom 1000 2017
Re: Bar risers and Renthal bars ?
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 09:11:53 »
Place advertise replacement Renthal bars for the V  Strom on flee bay, in Flintshire north Wales. Both standard and Fatbars. They might know if there is a taller version. I am waiting for risers to do much the same thing. Though they do not do the fat bars in silver, I would love to get rid of the black look.
What is this life if full of care we have no time to stand and stare, and rev the nuts off the beast.