Author Topic: Used pricing  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Miggs

• Bike: DL650 L3
Used pricing
« on: February 24, 2017, 11:54:51 »
Hi, new prospective owner here.
Need to downsize from my BMW RT as we don't tour any more and have my eyes set on a 650 V Strom. I am just a little curious about pricing on these as some say they swear by the Wisebuyer website for used bike pricing but to be honest, everything I have seen is way more than the values stated there.
What do you blokes think for an average condition 2013 for example? Wisebuyer says £3800 retail and £3400 private but try finding them at that price!  :shrug:

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: Used pricing
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 13:54:07 »
Drop into the Introductions section and say hello.

£4000 private for a 2013 Glee with reasonable miles, more from a dealer.
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline Firestorm

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 16:27:15 »
Thanks Andy

Offline Raffles

• Bike: DL 650 AL3
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 14:31:35 »
Just paid £4k for a 2013 model with 7.5k on the clock, bought from a Suzuki main dealer so comes with warranty. Immaculate condition, dealer fitted brand new tyres front and rear, usual extras (hand guards, crash bars, top box), plus a Givi touring screen. However, that was  the best price I'd seen on the South coast. Have also seen £4.5k for almost exactly the same spec (2013 with similar miles and extras) for sale privately though - agreed hard to find one at the prices you mentioned (depending on whereabouts in the UK you are). I think part of the issue is almost all vstroms have extras, which are worth paying for if you want them right? If you don't want extras, there's one 2013 model for sale here from a dealer in Preston at £3895:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201511279038035?make=Suzuki%26model=v-strom-650%26utm_source=Email_a_Friend%26utm_medium=Email%26utm_campaign=Email_a_friend_bike

Bear in mind prices go up over the next couple of months with the new plates coming out in March and people starting to think about riding again once the weather improves.

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 05:56:38 »
I guess that spending money is tight though out the world at this point in time. Everyone is trying to get the best price when selling their bikes. As with the buyer, who is also in the same boat, trying to get a bike for the best price. Since money is tight, argue a discount / a better price with the seller. While the bike stands there, the seller is at a disadvantage in that what ever the seller needs the money for, may be slipping though his fingers.
As far as a average price is concerned, phone a few dealers for the book / trade-in price and compare this figure to the "for sale" websites. This will help with an indication of what a good price is. Remember to ask for the service history, etc and take it for a long test ride. Hope you get the bike for the price that you are willing to pay. Good luck

Offline Mark Shelley

• Bike: GW250 SV650N
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 10:21:47 »
The most true guide to current values is to look through the bikes that actually sold in the 'completed listings' section on ebay.