Author Topic: DRL with Blue Angel Eye !!  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Nickb65

• Bike: Suzuki DL650 V-STROM
DRL with Blue Angel Eye !!
« on: January 07, 2017, 16:07:09 »
Anyone have the DRL lights with the BLUE angel eye fitted and if so have you ever had any issues with the Blue angel light and the Police ?   I had some given to me for Christmas and although having a Blue constant light to the front is not illegal I was just wondering how in reality they are perceived :-)

Offline Hugh Mungus

• Bike: Fazer 1000
Re: DRL with Blue Angel Eye !!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 18:54:29 »
I have seen plenty of other vehicles with blue background lighting on spot-lamps and I've never heard any tales of them being pulled over regularly.

I personally would avoid that particular colour as it could be an excuse to stop you with a 'perception that it flashed'...

Offline Nickb65

• Bike: Suzuki DL650 V-STROM
Re: DRL with Blue Angel Eye !!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 19:01:50 »
Well the Blue Angel eye is linked to my main lights so always on and after one month of riding to work and back every day I have had no issues with the Police.   Just the opposite really - several have pulled up next to me and asked where I got them, one commented how good they were and another asked if I got any hassle from other motorists..... Car drivers seem to notice the bike as lot more and some - not all move over a little to let me past.......   You still can not trust them but it does make life a little easier.