Author Topic: Acesport, Norwich - recommended for clothing.  (Read 2623 times)

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
Acesport, Norwich - recommended for clothing.
« on: March 26, 2016, 14:05:48 »
When I first bought my Bandit seven years ago I bought a textile riding suit and pair of leather touring boots from Acesport that have a shop opposite the McDonalds at Norwich airport.

I did so because they were cheap and having just shelled out for the bike I bought them  as a stop gap until I could afford something better.
The riding suit is a basic black Cordura item with removable thermal liner and lots of pockets/vents etc called a Titan.

It is made for Acesport in Pakistan and I was pleasantly surprised to find it completely out performed my previous textile kit, Buffalo/Spada, being warm and completely waterproof. Until this last winter I have had no leaks apart from in really heavy rain the water getting blown under the front of the jacket and up to the waistband of the trousers getting my shirt damp. The only other criticism is it's difficult to get gloves inside the cuffs.

The boots were by a firm called Diora and were sold as waterproof. When the first pair leaked around the toe in heavy weather after 11 months the lady at Acesport simply swapped them for a new pair that haven't leaked since!
I finally went through the right sole of those boots this last winter from putting the heavy Bandit on its centre stand but considering they only cost about £80 I can't complain.

Acesport also do their own leathers and I subsequently bought some leather jeans to mix and match with the suit in the summer.
I never needed to replace this kit until now when the textile trousers have started to leak in the crotch and the Velcro closure at the neck has lost its grip.

Well I've been so impressed with this kit that when I bought my new Glee I went back to Acesport and bought exactly the same again, the Titan jkt £95, Savannah Trousers £75 and Diora Diablo boot £85. Hopefully I will get another 7 years service out of these or maybe more as I have now learnt you are supposed to wash and reproof the suit every so often. Care that my old kit didn't get!

Acesport have a website at http://www.acesport.co.uk/ and I recommend their kit as being good value and well made.

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
Re: Acesport, Norwich - recommended for clothing.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 15:06:22 »
An update re above. I can no longer recommend this kit whole heartedly since posting the above entry.
It is apparent that Acesport have changed the design or manufacturer and it is apparent that my new set are not as good as the last.
I have had an issue with the Velcro that supports the Zips at the trouser fly and top of jacket closure coming away from the material where it has been sewn badly.
The shop were excellent and got their repairer to fix it but I've now had the same happen in two other areas and with a 70 mile round trip a bugger to ask them to do this again. Although I'm sure they would.
The suit has been completely waterproof despite a soaking in Scotland in June but just not as good a quality as before.
Also the first pair of boots leaked on my trip around Scotland and had them replaced twice before getting a refund. First time badged as a size 10 but were much too small and last time the plastic protection over the toes was misformed pressing on the top of my foot.
Not Acesports fault but a shame as the old ones were so good.
Customer service I can't fault them, 10 out of 10, but the quality of my last set of the same kit is just not replicated in the current issue.
Hope this helps.