Author Topic: Free seat exchange programme  (Read 1201 times)

Offline ringding250

• Bike: 2016 V Strom 1000
Free seat exchange programme
« on: September 04, 2016, 16:16:21 »
Hi everyone. I'm going to get my 1st V Strom 1000 ordered tomorrow (brand new) after testing one back to back with a Tracer 900. I have seen the free seat exchange offer and wondered if anyone has got the OEM high seat. If so is it better, is there more padding or does it just have a higher mounting bracket. I'm 6'1" and found the standard seat just right and can get both feet flat on the floor but if there is more padding on the higher one I would have thought it could be even more comfortable (unlike the plank of wood on the Tracer).
I suspect I'm going to be on here a lot as I'm getting the basic bike and will add my own extras later.
Ian

Offline bigsimmo

• Bike: DL1000 K8 in blue / glee in red
Re: Free seat exchange programme
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 00:42:19 »
hi, pleaes go say hello. :welcome2:

I have both seats and find them good, I think the high seat has more padding and uses the same base as the standard seat, never bothered to look but it feels that way, at least on my wee.

steve
DL1000 K8 in blue / DL650 glee in red

Offline doboy

• Bike: 1050 v strom
Re: Free seat exchange programme
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:39:06 »
 I have the 650 glee and have both seats.. the high seat is definetly more comfortable and has more padding in it [same base on both of them] . I use the std seat when I go touring as I use an AIRHAWK and struggle to get feet down with the AIRHAWK and the high seat , but yes the higher seat is way more nicer ...