Author Topic: Datatool Therma Grip Heated Grips  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Jockster

• Bike: DL650 L4
Datatool Therma Grip Heated Grips
« on: July 06, 2016, 12:25:34 »
When I changed bikes I looked around for a set of heated grips for the DL650. I had Oxford grips on the GSXF which failed soon after I bought it third hand. I always found it fiddly having to look down and press buttons to change heat so sought something better. Datatool Therma Grip heated grips looked good so I bought a set, grrreat. One of the things that put me off the other types was the amount of effort required to get the wiring right.
The original grips came off fairly easily with the help of a thin shanked screwdriver. The bars needed a little emery to fit the  DataTool grips which then slid on easily with the glue. The wiring part was so simple: thread the wires under the tank and attach to appropriate terminals. End of!
Using it earlier this year in the cold proved their effectiveness and the control system (slider on left, red flashing light on right to signify level of heat) was extremely easy to use on the move. I also fitted hand guards at the same time which helped to maintain hand warmth though I would probably try hand muffs to see what,if any,difference they would make.
Anyhoo, well done Datatool.

Offline senile of Torquay

• Bike: AT the moment 2011 DL650
Re: Datatool Therma Grip Heated Grips
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 13:43:19 »
Wanting to replace my Suzuki dealer fitted heated grips.
Read a few reviews on Datatool Therma-Grips,and they seemed the best option.
Trouble is they have stopped producing them. Don't know if there is a problem? :icon_no: