Author Topic: Oxford Premium heated grips - should have read the instructions!  (Read 2331 times)

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
I have fitted the wiring loom for the grips back to my aux fuse box under the seat and left the connector sealed at the headstock ready for when I get to fit the grips.
I did this by feeding it along the wiring loom on the left hand side of the bike whilst I had the tank panels off and tank raised and fixed it in with cable ties.
Now having read the instructions Oxford say to avoid the bikes wiring loom to avoid interference. Is this applicable to the Glee or is that a general warning aimed at more advanced bikes with advanced electrics etc.?
Am I going to have to move the grips' wiring or has anyone else fitted Oxford Premium grips with the wiring loom in a similar place and had no problems. I would rather not have to get the bike apart again if I can avoid it.

Offline greywolf

It's fine as is. You haven't wired into the loom and the bike doesn't have a Canbus anyway if you had.
Pat- 2007 DL650A was ridden to all 48 contiguous states. 2012 DL650A outlasted me.
Nicknames I use to lessen typing, Vee = 2002-2012 (K2-L2) DL1000s. Veek=2014+ (L4+) DL1000s. Wee = 2004-2011 (K4-L1) DL650s. Glee = 2012+ (L2+) DL650s

Offline Lincsman

Just out of interest, what grips have you gone for, the Touring or the Sport, I've been told the sport ones fit better, but they look the same size to me ??
Fed up with anti motorcycle legislation ??. 
Then get off your backside and join the Motorcycle Action Group. Protect your right to ride.
DO YOU CARE ??
https://www.mag-uk.org/

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
I've got the touring ones as same length as standard Suzuki  ones, 120 mm. Haven't fitted them yet as ran out of time getting ready for trip to Scotland.

Offline Lincsman

Thanks for that, have a great trip to Scotland, and I hope that you don't have to use them too often.
 :ty:
Fed up with anti motorcycle legislation ??. 
Then get off your backside and join the Motorcycle Action Group. Protect your right to ride.
DO YOU CARE ??
https://www.mag-uk.org/

Offline King Orry

• Bike: Glee
Because I can't be bothered pulling stuff apart.. On previous bikes I've successfully taken a live feed from the bikes horn.
They're usually easy to access, provide plenty of power and making up a simple in-line adaptor means it's quite neat. Earth wise I look for any suitable bolt/mounting.  :thumb: